Squamish on Memorial Day Weekend

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work, isnt Alexis crack on private property now? Not that I give two fucks about that guy.

FYI:Second pitch to local boys is good better protected and the hardest move is getting of the belay.

I was also surprised about the lack of people there, probably the heat, climbed at the base of the cheif next to two weirdos and their dog. I dont think there is anything worse than having to listen to a couple climb together, waah waah, all day then the dog started whining.

Scoped Milk Run Proly head back for that one this weekend, any one ever get on it?

Not to disrepspect Trog, but how do you do it I mean how can you include bickering and climbing, I would chop the rope yates style, time and time again I realize why I would NEVER EVER have a climbing girlfriend, yet most climbers want one, its crazy talk rolleyes.gif

Sometimes its tough, but you are way more excited when your partner succeeds on something hard for them. I try to mix climbing with my SO with climbing with buddies. When climbing with the SO, I'm not looking to do anything bold, just enjoy doing something fun together. Bickering detracts somewhat, but thats the price you pay.

Climbed at neat and cool for half the day on Sat, Shannon falls and Alexis Cracks on Sun, and Penny Lane on Mon morning.

Hey my blond wife and I (short dark haired kid) were at Penny Lany on Monday morning. We may have rapped down on ya. Did we see you next to the old german dude?

BTW, in case anyone was wondering, Rock On is still wet. Real wet. A team from Bellingham bailed on Sat. right in front of us, 'cause they didn't like the looks of it. Felt like spelunking. Great weekend. But real wet. Take a snorkle.

Edited by Winter

Here we go...

Nope, just asking, and that was a good reply, thats the price you pay, yup

I don't want to turn this into a relationship thread, but...

In my experience couples who bicker when they climb together probably bicker when they are off the rock too. Probably has nothing to do with whether they are climbers or not. rolleyes.gif Find someone you respect and enjoy spending time with, and if your style is to bicker try not to subject others to your warped sense of partnership.

bigdrink.gif

Could have been us, we climbed penny lane right after German dude's belayer seconded the route. German dude was still hanging around solo toproping for a while. There was a couple at the base when we showed up, but no one rapped above us that I remember. There was another couple there right after us that helped us with a rope snafu, maybe you saw them (they were from New York).