Free Wireless in Seattle

selkirk

Is anyone else a little jazzed about this?

I"m sitting at a nice random location in the u district pretending to work!

http://www.therainiervalley.com/seattle_wifi.html

Initially, the Free Wi-Fi service will be available in Columbia City in the Rainier Valley (Southeast Seattle), and "The Ave" in the University District (Northeast Seattle), followed by rollouts in Occidental Park (Pioneer Square), Freeway Park, Westlake Park, and Victor Steinbrueck Park (Pike Place Market).

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that's pretty sweet. when they bringing it to my house, though? i can pick up the uw's cse wifi but - sadly - they do not allow just anybody to connect. i think if i had a good antenna i could pick up a free connection, but unfortunately i have a hill on one side of me and union bay on the other. anybody out there using a cantenna over a relatively long distance?

you don't the city to do it, there are enough goobers in seattle with unsecure wi-fi setups to surf for free. I did this for a week or so when i first got my laptop and was playing around with it until my wi-fi modem showed up. i can't believe the number of them i can pick up while sitting at home in redmond.