if feels good to be rude every once in a while

Gary_Yngve

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Irony? No I meant exactly what I said.

I'd spell it out, but have better things to do...

It's a good thing you edited your post about the definition of sarcasm. It would be terribly ironic ( a full-on Greek tragedy, I'm telling you ) to accuse me of being dim for not knowing the difference between sarcasm and irony. yellaf.gif

Irony? No I meant exactly what I said.

I'd spell it out, but have better things to do...

It's a good thing you edited your post about the definition of sarcasm. It would be terribly ironic ( a full-on Greek tragedy, I'm telling you ) to accuse me of being dim for not knowing the difference between sarcasm and irony. yellaf.gif

I didn't want to get into posting dictionary definitions and arguing a quotation that you never said. After all I have no idea what word you are confusing with irony. Sarcasm didn't sound right, so I changed it.

What is ironic is that a disgruntled tool named Cobra Commander calls someone else a disgruntled tool. Or that some "tool" has nothing better to do but wait for me to post something on a web site, so he can make lame gratuitous insults about said target being a "tool".

wave.gif

Hey KocksuckKojack. Gary's original post was superior to yours because:

1. It was a true story (you may assume otherwise if you like)

2. He used cunning and wit to foil his opponents. There was no need to go off on a dry, classist diatribe because an insult was implied in Gary's response. Furthermore it had the added bonus of turning their response into a cleverly crafted ironic retort of their original demand.

3. If YOU used YOUR diatribe in a similar situation, you may have a fist in your face before you complete it.

4. If you do NOT receive a blow, you'll instead be viewed by everyone who witnesses the event as the bad-guy in the situation and a neo-conservative misanthrope.

5. The vast majority of people I know (even the rude ones) would NEVER say the things you just wrote given a similar situation because well, it's just dumb.

6. The vast majority of people I know would WISH they said what Gary had said given a similar situation because it was, you know, clever.

6. The vast majority of people I know would WISH they said what Gary had said given a similar situation because it was, you know, clever.

Actually, it's not clever at all. It's dumb, embarassing, and makes both the person who says it and the person at whom it is directed feel like shit. Yeah, let's yell at each other on the street, and run around the corner to get away.

And here is a newsflash: this is spray. Everything posted here should be taken with a grain of salt. My posting about what to say to be truly rude, was more in line with what I would be thinking about those fat ignoramuses, but I would not actually say to them. Nor would I say what Gary said.

No shit you wouldn't say that stuff. First you'd be laughed at and then your D'n'D-playing ass would be kicked.

Uh-huh. If that's what floats your boat to imagine your adversary on an internet forum, go for it.

If such an ugly verbal exchange would transpire, be certain that no laughter would be involved. And if someone tried any shit with me, I'd take them out with no hesitation. evils3d.gif