Alasdair

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dru

That is hilarious but its too close to the truth. I (a federal migratory bird biologist) have been stopped at the border while moving birds that normally migrate from Canada to the US and back. The Border Patrol and Customs wanted documents for the birds, Ag inspection folks wanted health certificates for them.

All for species that regularly fly across the border and would have done so on their own without paperwork if it wasn't for my help. I love blind observance of the regulations and no common sense.

you could turn a BigBro into a pipe bomb with explosives and caps for the ends tongue.gifGeek_em8.gif

great dru, just great! now that you've posted it the TSA will be on to people carrying their racks on planes. you've just gone and ruined it for everyone.

• 9 months later...

I found out the hard way this morning that if you book a flight that departs in less than 24 hours from that point and don't check any bags your boarding pass will get tagged for search regardless of whether or not you trip the metal detector... additionally you aren't allowed web check in.

The TSA guy said I could have avoided the whole deal if I had check a bag rolleyes.gifthumbs_down.gif

The other day, my dad was cleaning out his backpack and found a four-inch stainless-steel decking nail. He thought hard and remembered over a year ago when he picked it up off the ground so no one would step on it or ride over it. Then he remembered how he had taken that same backpack carry-on through several airports, including overseas.