Classic US Government Fuck Up.

Thinker

Readers 'declassify' US document

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4506517.stm

When news started circulating in Italy that a heavily censored Pentagon report into the death of secret agent Nicola Calipari had been decrypted, many thought it must be the work of some top-notch hacker.

In fact, it turned out that the classified document, containing top-secret details - such as the name of the soldier who fired the deadly rounds of ammunition - could be made readable with two simple clicks of your computer mouse........

I found both versions of the docmuent here:

http://www.macchianera.net/archives/2005/05/il_rapporto_cal.html

Scroll down the page a bit. The black 'highlighted' document is the original. The yellow 'highlighted' document is the restored version. I'm saving a copy on my hard drive to read completely later.

Suppose the person responsible for that screw up is doing tequilla shots about now to forget the pain...or are they being questioned under hot lights in an FBI interrogation room?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be a classic pass the buck scene. "Well the version of Acrobat the govt provided was insufficient, it was ITs fault for providing an insufficient tool."

IT says "Nope, user incompetence".

User says "I was not properly trained on the procedure, I think it was discrimination because I am a trandgendered american with small feet, therefore I should sue"

Pentagon says "thanks for focusing on this and not the British reports showing collusion for regime change a year before the invasion and shaping intelligence to build the case for war"

BushCo says "It was Clinton's fault, blame it on the libruls"

Frist says "If the Democrats were not playing partisan politics and being obstructionists, this never would have happened. Why do the Democrats hate our military?"

Delay says "That's fine, but right now I need to focus on which GOP donor is going to pay for the wife and I to go to Spain this year."

And Rove says "Hmm, the kerning on those documents looks a bit off. Dan Rather must be behind this"

I would guess that it clearly details rules of engagement at checkpoints, which of course would be very useful to people who wanted to attack checkpoints or smuggle stuff through them.

Don't know if you'll have much use for that info though Klenke. I hope shocked.gif

Mom's Rule #34 applies then, I guess.

Mom's Rule #34: "What if everybody knew it? Would everybody be better off then?"

Mother's Day is coming up. If I get her a nice big box of chocolates maybe she'll give me the password for the filter program.

Dave: can't copy-paste a PDF to Word, at least not with my version of Adobe.