• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
wind_river51

How do you rockclimbers do it?

Re: How do you rockclimbers do it?

portaledges and sleeping bags baby grin.gif

portaledges are aid evils3d.gif

Hanging belay from a 3-point anchor?

That takes balls!! tongue.gif

I get sweaty palms just thinkin' bout it,.. but once I get into my zone I forget about the height and enjoy the climb.

You learn to trust the system your climbing on. You also get confidence from successes, but walking around on small edges 20 feet off the ground, while not particularly scary, is probably the worst risk management you can do. Most climbers who have been around a bit have one story or another because time spent in the path of danger = eventual meeting with accident.

Duh!! Never look down silly!! always focus up!! smile.gif When I get spooked...I just focus on the next move...always looking up, and never down, totally helps me!!

stare at the rock in front of you...never the open space below you...

glance down at your feet..but keep your eyes glued to the rock...so you scan down the rock to your feet...but never below your feet....know what I mean??

How do you manage good foot placement without looking down at your feet?

wear kneepads and drag feet behind you...no need to actually place them...

grin.gif

stare at the rock in front of you...never the open space below you...

glance down at your feet..but keep your eyes glued to the rock...so you scan down the rock to your feet...but never below your feet....know what I mean??

No, but obviously you don't either--so no biggy hahaha.gif

(jus funnin ya a bit girly wink.gif)