Davis Holland/Lovin Arms

pu

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When did those bolts get added to that last pitch? Its been awhile since I have been up there, but I remember that pitch being really poorly protected, especially when I was as tired as I was.

Enjoy the route, it is great!!!

That topo is from the Cummins guide circa '91 I think.

Yeah, I don't remember those last two bolts either, just the A0 bolt. But I didn't lead that pitch, so I could be cantfocus.gif The last pitch IS poorly protected, but it's FUN FUN FUN! Feldspar edges & jugs on a STEEP face.

Many people, including myself, consider this to be one of the best 5.10 rock climbs in the state. ENJOY!

The newer (02 I think) bolt line leading to the right, just off the top of pitch 3 is awesome! Not on the topo above, but is on a pdf that is floating around (this file also has Heaven's Gate (.11a) on it, which I also highly recommend). This climb weighs in quite a bit harder (.11d) than Lovin Arms, but meets up with the last 5.9 edge fest to the top after a great meadering natually protected .10c pitch! Check it.