Madrone Wall Tour - this Saturday, April 23

Doug_Hutchinson

Join in a special opportunity to tour the Madrone Wall this Saturday, April 23, and see first hand the bogs, wetlands, wildflowers, old growth Douglas fir, Pacific madrone, and inspiring naturally-created three million year old basalt cliff. This site visit is co hosted by the Madrone Wall Preservation Committee and the Three Rivers Land Conservancy (www.trlc.org) and will be first meeting at Still Meadow Community (16561 S.E. Marna Road, Clackamas, www.stillmeadowcommunity.com) at 10:00 a.m. and, from there, carpool to the site. Please RSVP to Keith Daellenbach (kdaellenbach@att.net) if you plan to attend this tour.

Climbers - please remember that Madrone Wall is still closed to climbing. The Madrone Wall Preservation Committee, assisted by the Access Fund, has done some amazing work to reopen Madrone to climbing. Please respect the No Trespassing signs for the time being with the optimistic hope that the area may be open and legal for climbing in the not-too-distant future.

Visit the www.savemadrone.org for more info.

PS - the Jim Yoder fundraising slide show was awesome tonight. Thanks Jim!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, good work trying to get them (whoever they are) to reopen Madrone. I've never climbed there, and I'd like to someday without feeling like I need to sneak around or whatever.

But on a related note, doesn't it seem peculiar that logging companies can clearcut forests on public land, and oil companies can despoil wilderness areas, while we have to beg for permission to climb in an abandoned quarry?

Yeah, good work trying to get them (whoever they are) to reopen Madrone. I've never climbed there, and I'd like to someday without feeling like I need to sneak around or whatever.

But on a related note, doesn't it seem peculiar that logging companies can clearcut forests on public land, and oil companies can despoil wilderness areas, while we have to beg for permission to climb in an abandoned quarry?

Ireneo: it only seems odd to you since you, and only you, appear to have given up on cars and ride a bike.

The rest of us jackasses just keep buying bigger and bigger SUVS. Hell man, we are praying, I SAY PRAYING NIGHTLY, that they rip up the Artic and drill the holy sh*t out of it immediatly to get the gas prices down a nickel so we can keep driving like drunken Monkees tossing shit at the zoo. Well, till we run out of fuel anyway.

Far as that goes, my house got built with lots of wood. And it was old growth too, in 1912 nobody could even spell 2nd growth. I can't be a hypocrite and say that now NOBODY gets wood for homes can I? I mean, I'd support it if it didn't have to apply to me since I'm not the one using the wood, I already have a house and all.

Wait, was that just a retorical question you asked? Hmmm.........sorry. Well - that's my answer anyway if you are interested.

Ditto on the good work congrats too. - thanks for the heads up Doug. You might consider cross posting this at access issues as well.

Regards:

Bill

. . .while we have to beg for permission to climb in an abandoned quarry?

Actually, its not an abandoned quarry. The clackamas county sheriffs office uses that area to train search dogs, and the county has also talked over the years about quarrying it again for paving/sanding projects.

The rest of us jackasses just keep buying bigger and bigger SUVS. Hell man, we are praying, I SAY PRAYING NIGHTLY, that they rip up the Artic and drill the holy sh*t out of it immediatly to get the gas prices down a nickel so we can keep driving like drunken Monkees tossing shit at the zoo. Well, till we run out of fuel anyway.

yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif