P-I Article

Jeff_Smoot

Some of you may have seen Jason Martin's article in the Getaway's section of this morning's P-I. If not, here's a link:

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/getaways/219792_townwall14.html

Anyway, the editors gave me credit for some of Larry Kemp's photos, including the cover photo of Keith Lennard on Thin Fingers. They're fixing the photo credits in the online edition, but of course the print edition is a done deal. Look for the correction notice in tomorrow's paper.

While we're on the subject, for those who don't know, Larry died in a cycling accident just over a year ago, leaving behind, among other things, his amazing photo collection. Matt Perkins and I are organizing a showing of Larry's photos, with a benefit auction of some really nice framed prints, some of Larry's best work. We don't yet know where or when this will happen, but will post a notice when we have a time and place worked out. Hope to see some of you there.

~Jeff

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Index gives Seattle climbers a little taste of Yosemite," local climber Mike Layton said. "And it offers us a chance to train for the steep alpine routes found in the Cascades."

Is this the same Mike Layton with the velcro gloves?

Yes...and no.