Game hunting from home

klenke

I saw this in the paper this morning and I was pretty disgusted. Now I'm not against game hunting but this new thing in Texas is just plain wrong. mad.gif

Discuss...

Source

"BOERNE, Texas -- Howard Giles was beginning to think he would never get a decent shot at the wild hog. But about an hour into the hunt, the beast finally moved into the rifle's sights and Giles fired.

With the click of a mouse.

That's right, Giles was in his home office in San Antonio, aiming at the animal from a program on his computer. The hog was eating soured corn in the Texas hill country about 45 miles away, oblivious to the remote-controlled 30.06 rifle pointing at his neck.

"There was a lot of anticipation. My heart was pumping," Giles recalled. "I felt like I was there."

Welcome to the controversial union of modern technology and game hunting. It's called Live-Shot.com, and it's operated by San Antonio body-shop estimator John Lockwood. The Web site allows anyone with Internet access and a mouse to hunt and target shoot by remote control, all in real time."

There is more text in the link above.

The thing about handicapped people being able to hunt this way bugged me. I think it is fine to help out handicapped folks. But there are some things they've got to be willing to give up. rolleyes.gif

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure it's really that bad. I eat meat somebody else killed all the time. How is it any worse than what goes on in a slaughter house?

The guy owns the ranch, so it's not like you're shooting some rare endangered species. You've gotta get a hunting license too. As long as the dead animals don't get wasted then what's the big deal?

Can they get to the carcass in time to use the meat appropriately?

Posted at the same time as AK, if the meat gets wasted then this is wholly stupid...but if carcass patrols are done and it is donated to local charities then thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Edited by chirp

It might be fun if we could perhaps possibly put certain political leaders of a particular north american country into this particular hog field.*

CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK evils3d.gif

*Violence is wrong kids, it never solves anything. Except national problems. Forget I said that last part.