Slesse Memorial

Alan

Okay, so it's not climbing or anything, but I went up to the Slesse Memorial on Sunday. Weather was obviously amazing and the trail was in great shape.

Snow the last bit on the road, only one washout to contend with on the way, but no general difficulties in the Trooper, after all, that's what skid plates are for!

Drove to the trailhead and then proceeded to wade up to my knees through the creek boots and all. Trail was great - snow all the way, but no chainsaws required. Never did find the memorial, but made it to the clearcut in under 2 hours. A great day!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

did you see any ice?

Slesse was actually silhouetted in the sun and difficult to see anything, but in any case I wasn't looking for it and I didn't see any.

As for the other side of the valley, there was no apparent snow whatsoever right to the summits of the Illusions and Rexford.

As for the other side of the valley, there was no apparent snow whatsoever right to the summits of the Illusions and Rexford.

btw, Andrew Rennie soloed the FWA of the N ridge of N Nesakwatch Spire saturday. not much snow on the ridge, but a bit of a thriller up top with snow/ice in the finishing chimney, it sounds. the report is on bivouac.com, for those of u who subscribe. see: http://www.bivouac.com/TripPg.asp?TripId=5463

cheers,