Day Climb Suggestions

TimL

After flying in last night and seeing that there is not much snow, I'm kind of up in the air about climbing conditions in the Cascades. I've never seen a snow year this bad. So after all of this sun, what are the conditions like? Was thinking about going on a day climb tomorrow to stretch the legs, but I'm not sure what to go for. Given the conditons, anyone have some suggestions? I was thinking about Chair Peak or Whitehorse, but the lack of snow in the Sno Pass area looks terrible. Also, what are the avy conditions like in general terms? Thanks! HCL.gif

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We climbed the tooth via the South Face on Saturday. There was a boot pack up to source lake and then the snow got deep. Take snowshoes. The rock is dry and sunny with no ice. NE & E face was bare. Rap wall looked in for harder mixed conditions. N. Face of Snoq. looked bare from summit of tooth. Parties returning from Chair mentioned said there is no ice on N Face. There is no connecting ice band on NE butt to upper snowfield... you could probably still send. Guye peak routes (including improb traverse) looked bare and dry.