I'd rather fuck a sheep w/ the clap than...

griz

watch fellow co workers get layed off like I did today. About 1/3 of the people at the company I work for got the fucking axe. People with kids and house payments. Guys going home wondering how they are paying the next month's mortgage. Fuuuuuuuuuuck. madgo_ron.gif

Funny thing is just last week I was talking to a friend there saying this company seemed like a plane with it's engines pouring out smoke, the wings breaking apart and trees below were getting pretty big and fast...

Christ, what a day...

thanks for reading my rant. well, I'm heading out to kick a puppy or get into a bar fight to get rid of some frustration... thumbs_up.gif

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We had that last year. We axed liked 20% of our company. This was right after I bought a condo.... Having been laid off at my last job I had this sinking feeling for quite awhile. Fortunately, even though I'm a technical person, I work under the aegis of 'sales support' so most of us got spared. My direct report said 'it was a bad day to be a manager'...

No, it's a smallish computer company

I work for a biggish computer company, and we're trying to backfill some temp/contractor positions and are having a helluva time finding people. Some of the folks we have in those positions have left us recently for more money at MS, Adobe, etc.

I get the feeling (maybe just the hope) things are starting to heat up a little ... good luck !!

that's good to hear. a climbing buddy who does recruiting told me a story a few years ago about the HR depts that would put a tech job up on monster, get 1500 resumes in a day and then just would take the first 50 off the stack and throw the rest away w/o a glance. With so many skilled but unemployed out there they knew they would have a qualified person in that first 50. hellno3d.gif

The only "funny" thing today was that the president of the company has been fucking the receptionist for a couple months now and she got layed off too...by him. yelrotflmao.gif ...kind of sums up what a FUBAR place this company is now.

fwiw, I found the company I'm working for now through Monster. This company continues to post openings there and gets loads of responses.

I had 3 other interviews from Monster.com leads.

My system was to even send resumes to companies that were hiring above and below the level I was looking for, figuring they were in hiring mode and may jump if the skills fit was good. It paid off.

fwiw, I found the company I'm working for now through Monster. This company continues to post openings there and gets loads of responses.

I had 3 other interviews from Monster.com leads.

My system was to even send resumes to companies that were hiring above and below the level I was looking for, figuring they were in hiring mode and may jump if the skills fit was good. It paid off.

In a year and a half I not only did not get a single good lead, but I got lots of junk mail in exchange. madgo_ron.gif

The problem is that I don't have a vanilla flavored job description. In order to sell you they need to have a clue about what you do.

Mines hardly vanilla - unless you consider a degree granted by 3 institutions vanilla wazzup.gif

I find non-vanilla easier to search for on monster as well - industry specific keywords turn up a reasonable number of hits.