Intuition Boot Liner Info

Flatlander1

So far I've heard nothing but good reviews regarding Intuition liners so I decided to buy a pair for my Koflach Verticals. Living in Ontario, Canada (flat land) I couldn't find anyone who distributes them in the area. I found a few guys willing to sell them on the net but their prices were extremely different and one guy didn't have the Alpine model. I contacted Intuition Sports to find out what the MSRP should be and found out they sell direct. Intuition quoted me $120 CDN for the Alpine model and that included shipping and the toe caps for molding!!! They drop shipped them only a few days ago so I'll wait to see if they fit my boots right and report back after molding them. Just wanted to let everybody know in case your looking for heat moldable liners.

Cheers bigdrink.gif

Brad

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't arrived yet but that's what they told me over the phone when I placed my order. I asked what I should use as a cap when molding and they said they use the toe caps and would throw a pair in at no added cost. Will let you know what I get. They were shipped on the 16th but I don't expect a speedy delivery at this time of year.

Until then, Happy Holidays, drink up bigdrink.gif and climb on!

Will the heel of the Intuition Liner match the one of the Vertical?

The Vertical liner has that heel that fits into that heel compartment in the shell.

I could see some discomfort if the heel is not taken into account.

I need some Intuition Liners for my Koflachs but that was my main concern.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but when heated, the intuition liners mold to the inside of the boot as well as your foot. I replaced the stock liners in my Verticals with the Intuition liners from cheapsnowboards.com and they work great.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so here's the deal so far. Intuition Sports sent me the liners, toe caps, high-density foam (to fill in the heel in the Verticals), instructions and even socks to wear while molding. Now I just have to find a shop to fit them for me. I will keep anyone interested informed as to how they fit. Just drank a whole bottle of wine by myself so Happy New Year to all and to all a good night. bigdrink.gif

Anyone use these instructions to fit their intuition liners? Any points missed in the video. I also just got a pair of these in the mail. What a company! Sent me the liners, said they would invoice me for them once I got them. thumbs_up.gif Debating whether to take these to Custom Boot service in Ballard or to just do it myself.

Wait a minute, should I be taking advice from a person who uses "cracked" for a handle? yellaf.gif I'm trying to envision these cool looking liners as they burst into flames and melt all over my feet, causing 3rd degree burns...

Actually, it does seem pretty straight forward. I think I'm going to give it a go tomorrow morning. thumbs_up.gif

Olyclimber:

Saw the video but the liners I got were pre-formed and not the flat style. Did you get instructions from Intuition and try it yourself? I was thinking about it but didn't want to damage them so I'm still planning on going to a ski shop this week. Let me know how you made out,if you looked like this while molding them fruit.gif and what you put on your burns to reduce the pain.

Cheers,

bigdrink.gif

My liners were preformed as well. I did try it as demostrated in the video, and I did get a better fit. One thing that I don't have that works much better is a convection oven (not an element type oven).

I think I got a reasonable fit, and I think it is possible to use this method to fit the liners. However, after speaking with the people at Intuition, I may actually take my liners into Feathered Friends here in Seattle. The people at Intuition have seen that video (I mentioned it to them, and they had already seen it). They didn't recommend doing it yourself, but I'm not sure exactly what they objected to in the video.

I may go into FF and get them fit just to be on the safe side. I can let you know if I end up with a much better fit going this route that what I got doing it myself.

Finally got the liners molded at a local ski shop. I cut high-density foam pads and taped them inside the heel lock of my Verticals, put on the toe cap, a thick mountaineering sock and covered the whole works with the thin liner sock provided by Intuition. I placed the liners inside the boots and stood around the store looking like an idiot while they heated the boots on a dual-tube ski boot heater for 10 minutes. When ready I put the boots on, laced them up tight, put on a 30 pound pack and stood for 15 minutes with my knees slightly bent (really looked like an idiot now). Half way through I tightened the laces even more. They feel good walking around at home while drinking beer but I'm testing them out on Mount Washington, NH next week (wind chill -40F today). I'll let anyone interested know how they work out when we get back.

Cheers bigdrink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from Washington using the Intuition liners. The fit was great wearing thin liner and winter mountaineering socks. Pulled a 35 lb sled wearing a 35 lb pack up 1500 feet in 2 miles, did a bit of alpine ice up another 1000 ft or so and descended with the pack and sled. Only noticed a slight bit of movement in one heel but no blisters where my two partners did on their heels. My feet didn't heat up on the descent from friction and there was no toe-hammering. However, the overlap of the liner at the shin is much stiffer than the Koflach liners and got a bit painful on the descent. Hopefully this part will break in over time. A buddy of mine that's a guide has the Intuition's in Scarpa Invernos told me it takes a couple of trips to break them in. As a test the next day I put the Koflach liners in and went up 3300 ft and back covering 6 miles. The Koflach liners were comfortable and easier on the shins but my the soles of my feet got pretty hot on the way down. Overall, I'm happy with the Intuitions and would recommend them to anyone looking for a custom liner.

Cheers bigdrink.gif