Walkable Crusts

jhamaker

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please clarify. Just what the heck are you talking about?...

...I just found out that walkable crusts are possible at this very moment. I made toast, ate the center, laid the remainder on the ground and then walked over it. It was very walkable indeed. No Virgin Mary images to be concerned with. thumbs_up.gif

When did you install a toast into that Devil's Club-choked gully that you call home?! grin.gif

If you want walkable crust, I can tell you from yesterday that the Indian Peaks Wilderness here in Colorado has plenty of that. Scourged by wind, I got stymied by styrofoam up a couloir because we didn't bring our crampons or ice axes. What's up with the lack of snow up there? My friend said that Snoqualmie isn't even open yet. confused.gif

Yo - PK, to clarify, what we slogged up on Price Mtn. last Sun was *not* walkable crust. As near as I can figgure, the slop should set up w/ 36 hrs of freezing temps esp w/ clear nights. I'm guessing things should be walkable Monday/Tue.

Interested in an overnight Tue/Wed? Twin Sisters, Cashmere, Baker S side (skiable?) or something else not usualy so approachable this time of yr.

jhamakeratoperamaildotcom