Bachelor Avie

steepconcrete

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the slide started up on the moraine, which is steep enough to slide 8===D and as i hear (wasn't up there today) slid down the summit crossover, and took out a grip o' trees above cliffhanger and avalanche runs (avalanche run living up to its SICK ness). amazingly, this was a natural slide.

The inner cone has always been prone to slide, I think patrollers kicked that last slide off as they usually do control work in there. but definately, the inner cone is *the* definition of a terrain trip.

once again, bachy taking sickness to a whole new level. ya'll betta rekignize bish!!!!

That for posting the article. My favorite lines were, "until further notice, our guests should stay on the groomed runs". And, "anyone who leaves the groomed trails could expose themselves to hazards".

Here's another great gaperish line, '"It surely put some snow down," Lomax said. "But the trade-off of having to clear the trees will outweigh the benefits of getting snow delivery."'

must say it was a pretty impressive slide... goes to show that you can be on some mellow terrain and still be taken out. sorry for the bad pict its from the cell phone.

3113bachyslide-med.jpg

Looks like it was 2 seperate aspects slid. The face of the terminal moraine and the gully between the terminal and lateral moraines slid out. one arm of the slide came pretty close to the loading terminal for summit chair. Lots os sick trees to slide on now!

and another fun pict from today

3113Image_62_-med.jpg

pond skimming at red chair

Edited by gapertimmy