• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
syudla

Cassin Ridge

Any body here climbed this route? Plan to climb late May early June. Looking for any useful beta or advise. (Plan to descend W Rib for approach) Is the 'shrund still split by the ramp?

I have, but my info is 17 years old, so I don't know how much it would help.

In general I would say that descending the W Rib would be a safer aproach to the base of the route, however you will still have to cross some monster crevases in the upper basin of the NE Fork.

The only problems we had with route finding was finding a way through the rock bands above 16,000'. The gully that leads to a traverse at the top of the rock band wasn't that obvious to us, and the traverse doesn't look like it will go until it does.

I'm trying to put together a trip up thr NE Fork this spring as well. I have a bunch of email correspondence on particulars of the Cassin, a reference or two, and somewhere I have a copy of the topo Andy DeClerk drew.