Why Aren't Americans More Pissed About This???

Lionel_Hutz

I never said I was for the war in Kosovo, nor for our actions there. I just said it's a poor comparison. In general I'm against most wars. However, if it is decided that military action is necessary I think we should at least be honest about it and about why. In Kosovo I felt the country had a better understanding of the reasons we went. While in Iraq, it was clear 8 months in advance that Bush and Saddam were in a pissing match and Bush was just itching for justification to go in. The decision had been made, but it just couldn't be "sold" to the country in a palatable manner. While I may disagree with the actions an administration takes if they're honest and forthright the actions are at least respectable. As soon as GW started clearly fishing for reasons to sell to the public instead of coming out and stating, were going to war, and this is why, he lost my respect. And after that every decision he's made is questionable.

Kosovo may have been multilateral in name only, but the consequences were insignificant compared to Iraq. Even if we did foot most of the bill and field most of the troops. What was the total loss of life both for the US and overall? Also, even if we didn't have Russian and Chinese and hence UN, approval it didn't signifcantly sour our relations with Europe. Also, I don't see our actions in Kosovo sifnificantly decreasing the safety of Americans around the world. While it seems our action in Iraq have given Islamic militants more recruiting power than ever. I really don't think that the world is safer thanks to our invading Iraq.

This has nothing to do whatsoever with the difference in who was president, or "living my life" based on what others think is right. Please don't insult me.

Our decisions should be based on what we feel is both best for US interests domestically and abroad, and what is morally and ethically justified or needed.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic