Vesper, North Face

Craggin_Rat

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to Scott's question:

I did NF Vesper a couple of years ago and followed a line center-right on the face. After the inital 3 picthes in gulleys and the heather bench, we climbed 4 pitches of 5.7 feeling rock. (I was in mt boots, my partner in wet light weight hikers). There were one to two placements per pitch until the last pitch in a low angle hand crack.

Small HB Offsets and small Aliens would have been great to have. All the pro we wiggled in pretty much sucked. Belays were not too bad.

quote:

Originally posted by trask:

The Do-Over Duo
[laf]

I bet there are some cougars out there that would love to have Scott and Dan practice their dog route. [Eek!]

Nice User Title by the way Col Sanders !!! [laf]

[ 08-28-2002, 11:21 AM: Message edited by: Dru ]

I was there this Saturday. The moat was very manageable, although at just one spot that conveniently led to the start of the climb.

You can always get yourself lowered into the moat, gain the rock, climb up, anchor and have your second then scoot into the same moat on tension from above. Be sure to not leave pro clipped down low though - kinda like leading a pendulum.

The rest of the climb is fun. The difficulty is short lived down low within the first couple pitches off the ice. Then run the lush gulley up and find the easy slab up on your left. This is a great run on all fours with Copper Lake below/behind in the distance. You can see Baker, Puget Sound, etc in the distance - great spot to hang out at the summit.

Erden.

[ 08-28-2002, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: erden ]