The future in rock climbing equipment?...

klenke

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by klenke:

Forget about finger jams and laybacks, the future is in suction climbing...

Routes which max out at 5.13 could be a thing of the past. "Like, dude, I just suctioned my way up the 5.18 'Gecko of the Gods'."

Those geckos are amazing... I heard an awesome talk on that stuff. They can climb a vertical sheet of glass about as easily as we can jumar.

I seem to remember a great many drill happy sportwads laughing when I suggested that the future of climbing protection was likely to be super-adhesives . And that the current whaterer goes attitude about drilling would make their "accomplishments" seem rapacious.

I'd just like to say:

"RIM ME!" [Moon]

quote:

Originally posted by Retrosaurus:

I seem to remember a great many drill happy sportwads laughing when I suggested that the future of climbing protection was likely to be
super-adhesives
. And that the current whaterer goes attitude about drilling would make their "accomplishments" seem rapacious.

I'd just like to say:

"RIM ME!"
[Moon]

Ya but Retro did you really expect the sport climbers to wait for adhesives any more than the aid climbers waited for cam hooks to climb those thin cracks instead of bashing hell out of them with pins?

Just think of all the fun when you and Peter Puget, armed with "stick on" bolts, go on a "chop on lead" spree at Vantage and 38 5 years from now.