Another reason not to live

RobBob

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The East Coast has many advantages. First of all it's flat so you never have to walk up hill. Second of all, population density is very high, so if you want to go visit your neighbor, you don't have to walk very far. Also, it's much easier to get the deep fat fried foods one craves. You can buy landlocked property for cheap and end up with an ocean front lot. There are many, many reasons to live on the east coast.

The East Coast has many advantages. First of all it's flat so you never have to walk up hill. Second of all, population density is very high, so if you want to go visit your neighbor, you don't have to walk very far. Also, it's much easier to get the deep fat fried foods one craves. You can buy landlocked property for cheap and end up with an ocean front lot. There are many, many reasons to live on the east coast.

...catbirdseat is thousands of miles away...Wow, the advantages are piling up!!!

It's hot and humid, the cultural events are limited to NASCAR and high dinning is buffalo wings. But - there are some great amphibians and reptiles lurking in the SE.

Seriously though - my sister lives in Wilmington SC and has the storm-tracker map with the magnetic storm eyes on here fridge. Some folks from my office are on FEMA duty in Florida, what a mess!

If Frances hits Florida, I'm betting most people will hardly remember Charley. This one's a large cat. 4 with sustained 140mph winds gusting to 165. If it turns and comes up my way (not too far from JIm's sister), it'll weaken some before landfall. But right now it looks like Daytona or Jacksonville FL may be the point of landfall, in which case it will likely be more like Hurricane Andrew than the relatively small Charley.