Middle Fork road washed out

dbb

I heard that there's a "big washout" past the Taylor River Gate making road impassable to continue to Dingford Creek. The FS has also been improving the road up to Dingford Creek in line with the proposed closure. This is a big loss

frown.gif

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno. There seemed to be a need for them to continue to provide access to the mining claims up the road, so they hopefully will repair it?

Not sure what Hell Hill is. maybe the hill right after the turnoff? I'd imagine what washed out was that raging little creek not too far past garfield.

For some background on the Middle Fork project, here are a couple of links.

Declaration of Non-Significance

and

House Rpt.106-914

They are putting a lot of effort into the Middle Fork and I don't think they are going to let the road vanish. They ARE probably going to gate it, though - at least at Dingford and for part of the year at the Taylor River turn-off.

The first link gives some background on trail developments and the gating of the road at Dingford (year-round)/Taylor River(seasonal). The second addresses some projected cost in building the new campground at Taylor River. The road paving project, I believe, is a separate budget item. There's big plans for the Middle Fork!