Bear Mtn approach condish?

dberdinka

I've been doing my research on getting into Bear Mountain in the Chilliwack. Evidently the approach along the Chilliwack River has been complete ass for a number of years now. I'm curious what effect the torrential flooding of last fall has had on the area.

Anyone been into Bear Mountain from the Chilliwack River this year? How was it?

Thanks!

Darin

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Funny, a friend and I were talking about this exact thing yesterday. He'd been up there one or two years ago and thought that, considering the trail's position right along the river bank and already eroding, a fair amount of it would have been washed out last fall. Pure speculation though...

A friend and I went in last October before the floods and it did indeed suck. Much of the time is spent in a brush tunnel, but you won't find any crowds (we didn't see anyone the entire trip). After leaving the Chilliwack trail we couldn't find much of a climber's trail to Ruta lake, on the way in or out. Beautiful area though . . .

Seeing as Redoubt trail is fine I dont think Chilliwack River trail would be much worse.

There seems to a be a group of industrious and anonymous Canucks that keep the Depot Creek Trail nice and brush free, any clue if similar work goes on in the Chilliwack Valley?

The industrious and anonymous weed smugglers lugging the 80 lb packs full of bud down to Hannegan Pass TH?

Incidentally Homeland Security just set up a new surveillance and patrol office in Bellingham specifically to target unauthorized border crossings. This means drug smugglers and climbers making informal border crossings. Look out if making the Canadian approach to tomyhoi, redoubt etc a black helicopter might swoop down and shoot you! shocked.gif

Incidentally Homeland Security just set up a new surveillance and patrol office in Bellingham specifically to target unauthorized border crossings. This means drug smugglers and climbers making informal border crossings. Look out if making the Canadian approach to tomyhoi, redoubt etc a black helicopter might swoop down and shoot you! shocked.gif

My art project for the day

386134-fb_border.jpg

386134-fb_border.jpg.41328f26c203eda0ccdf1fbc68595501.jpg