one-day adventure suggestions please

thelawgoddess

Greg, maybe I'm getting my wires crossed, but I seem to recall doing the S. Ridge of Ingalls last year and apart from it being quite long, there was tons of exposure and one 5.7 crux move that I would definitely not like to fall on. Then again, maybe it was the SE Ridge??

Also, where would one downclimb? I rapped off the S. face and I can't imagine downclimbing it.

Am I getting my orientation all mixed up here?

You could always do Ingalls S. Ridge. It'd be a fairly simple downclimb off

It's a 3rd and/or 4th class descent off the West side from what I remember. Also the S. Ridge didn't have any 5.7. BTW even though they call it the South Ridge, it is really a narrow low angle face broken up with cracks..

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Greg, maybe I'm getting my wires crossed, but I seem to recall doing the S. Ridge of Ingalls last year and apart from it being quite long, there was tons of exposure and one 5.7 crux move that I would definitely not like to fall on. Then again, maybe it was the SE Ridge??

Also, where would one downclimb? I rapped off the S. face and I can't imagine downclimbing it.

You could always do Ingalls S. Ridge. It'd be a fairly simple downclimb off

It's a 3rd and/or 4th class descent off the West side from what I remember. Also the S. Ridge didn't have any 5.7. BTW even though they call it the South Ridge, it is really a narrow low angle face broken up with cracks..

Sorry for the thread drift. I looked up an old TR and it was the East ridge I was yammering on about. I rapped down the S. Ridge that yes, I'd agree is more like a low angle face. I wouldn't want to downclimb that.

I think so. The S Ridge of Ingalls N Peak is 130m of climbing (so not "long" by Cascades standards). The "walkoff" (more of a downclimb) is to the West off the summit, avoiding the rap stations down the S Face.

I've always preferred the raps, though.