Need mod alpine idea.

ken4ord

Alright, my foot is starting to feel better thumbs_up.gif and I am dying to get out some more. Last weekend went up with chelle and we had a nice ascent of Vesper, but the slab shite was no fun for the foot. Got any on ideas for alpine in the 7, sub-7 catergory for alpine? Don't want any slab, I need edges, big edges, cause rock shoes are no good right now and I am climbing in sneaks. I was thinking along the lines of Thompson also Triumph, but wondering if that hike is too long and if there is too much slab on Triumph. Got any idea, let's here em'?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was recovering last August/Spetember from a broken leg, I went up to Washington Pass and climbed the "classics." Beckey Route on Liberty, the North Face of Concord, South Arete of South Early Winter Spire, and the South Buttress on Cuthroat. They're all doable in aproach shoes that climb well - I simply taped up my ankle really well.

I found that a lot of the Class 4+, easy Class 5 routes to be good for helping me redevelop my balance too.

Good luck.