southern bc maps

eric8

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get them in digital format from Etopo or Fugawi.

I bought the Etopo maps a couple of years ago, but if I was buying right now I'd go with the Fugawi.

Fugawi's dealer in Seattle is:

CycoActive Products

701 34th Avenue

Seattle, WA

206-323-2349

Bah! Can't wipe yer ass with a CD-ROM moon.gif

Bah! Can't wipe yer ass with a CD-ROM moon.gif

Actually the Fugawi maps are on DVD the_finger.gif, and for the price of about 10 paper maps, you get the entire province. Just print out the bits you need.

Don't get me wrong, I love looking at paper maps, but for investigating out of the way places that you might not want to actually buy a map for, digital is the way to go. Even more useful if you combine it with GPS info, especially now that Fugawi has the "seamless" feature.

My friend gave me Fugawi DVD for BC only, to have look and I think is great option. They have 250,000 and 50,000 maps there. If you purchase Fugawi software for GPS, you can upload map and there you go. I don't know can you upload Fugawi maps to GPS with other software. I didn't spend enough time on their web site. Paul is right when he said that in general Fugawi is cheaper option (you can print only small bits of the area).

BTW,

They copyrighted their DVD very carefully.

Zoran

I don't know can you upload Fugawi maps to GPS with other software.

Fugawi maps can only be uploaded to the Garmin iQue 3600, which is a combined PDA/GPS gizmo.

As far as I know, there are no GPS units that allow you to upload Canadian topo maps. A few have street databases, but thats about it.