Ladies Wednesday Climb 7/28 Goes to the "Far Side"

icegirl

It has been decided! We are headed to the Far Side, at Exit 38!

Trailhead at 3pm. We will be heading up to "Gritscone" But show up as your schedule allows, we will be there all afternoon/evening...

http://www.northbendrock.com/Directions/index.htm

http://www.northbendrock.com/FarSide/default.htm

http://www.northbendrock.com/Directions/FarSideParkingArea.htm

Remember, this is for all you newbie girls, basic skills are all that will be needed (how to get into your harness, shoes, tie in, belay) We will be doing all the rope set up (leading, anchors, etc) and take down. You will not be judged on your knowledge or ability. We are not going to require you to pass any tests. Consider it like a Stone Gardens climbing party. Unless you want to do more (or have the skillset to do more) all you are gonna do is climb climb climb... Although we are not going to the "coolest" places in washington, we are attempting to go to places that have a good number of climbs in the 5.6-5.9 range, so that everyone can get in more than one or two climbs.

Bring:

climbing shoes,

harness,

chalkbag,

water

munchies,

helmet would be nice,

Good shoes to do the short hike up in (sandles don't quite cut it).

Mosq repellent

Headlight or flashlight

Some warmer clothes, as the sun goes down rather quick when it goes down.

As always, PM or email me with any questions

ljjames(@)mac(dot)com

Edited by icegirl

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gritscone is a very good choice. The only thing I might add is to bring a tarp to put your gear on. There is a lot of pine duff that will get all over everything. You might want to bring a nylon brush to clean your shoes before setting off.

This is a good place to learn to lead. It is very safe.

Have fun girls.

no, i loan my car to my roommate since its his friends who are visiting...he's a Brit too but he's got a drivers license. I just wasn't gonna give up climbing to go pick them up...they can either wait for me or get a shuttle. There was a misunderstanding as to their arrival time so it'll work out fine..they get in at 11:30 p.m.

are you okay with that plan? smirk.gif

WOW! all I can say is WOW!

Thanks again ladies for making it one of the funnest (and funniest) climbing outings yet!

Does it get better?! Keep showing up and I'll bet it does!!!

Pictures soon!

CBS, thanks for the hat tip to Gritscone, it was a blast!!!!

double Ds? i'm in!

hey ice girl-- hows the post fire remodel coming? i might make it to one of the next couple weeks. if i do we can bbq at my place after. i've got frozen mangos and a working blender. someone else bring the tequila!

ooooooh margaritas....... Why isn't there a tongue hanging out drooling graemlin? Has anyone ever had Huckleberry Margarita's? Nothing else even comes close! Just don't get it on the carpet, i've seen that stuff stain linoleum.

I would suggest that at this point in time, icegirl, you need to expose your proteges to trad climbing. They need to learn how to clean gear, that is follow on trad routes. For this I suggest Exit 32. You'll need about two or three trad leaders. There are about two or three easy trad routes there. After that, you'll need to go to Leavenworth.