five dirt tr

Dru

so this guy name of tyler who lives in hope got me the hook up on some granite cragging out that a way to complement the bouldering.... met up at the coffee shop after work and headed out to the rawk

climbed a nice 5.6 pitch as a warm up (sweet crack with the minimalest cleaning job possible) then we liunked up this route he had been cleaning all summer

p1 5.9 up a laser cut crack. on granite? wtf laser cut granite? yes this climb is 10 feet right of a huge arete and as near as i can tell the whole block from the crack to the arete is detached and expanding...climb this one quick cause its a finger crack now, might be an ow in 10 years then gone in 20 if the arete falls off!

p2 my lead was lose blocks, trees, moss clods and dirt because the direct link up flaring ow is not yet scrubbed

hike up to p3 tyler walks into a wasp nest at least 40 mad wasps on a ledge with no escape routes..time for ninja style kung fu to chopstick them out of the air!! shocked.gif

p3 a short sweet 5.8 flake then a tree swim to an anchor

tyler sets off the last pitch as the sun goes down, 2 falls, makes it up... i follow, sketch, grab draw.. this pitch is at least 5.9+ dirt rating although it has weird moves like a bolted chimney to a layback roof to a thin crack and bolted slab, again the minimal scrub preserves adventure....

its not every day you get to do a 4p fa after work thanks tyler!! thumbs_up.gif

chestbeating over... will post topo and directions once tyler cleans things up some more and nabs the rest of his projects in a few weeks time.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic