Garmont AT Boots

Skinveen

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

don't know much besides its called the Garmont Adrenalin and it has interchangable boot soles for both alpine din and randonee din but you probably already knew that.

http://www.garmont.com/free_ride.html

some info on teton's bulletin board:

http://tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3868

http://tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6993

Oh, and it isn't replacing anything, just adding to the spectrum of choices. Depends on what you are looking for as to whether it is worth waiting. Hard to quantify the amount, but they are claiming it to be stiffer than the G-Ride. The Mega Ride / G-Ride is just fine by me as it is. But if you don't place as much of a priority on doing both touring and skiing well, but rather on skiing stiffness, you might be interested in the Adrenalin.

Though the fit is different, the top of the line Scarpa stiffened up a bit more for next year too.

I ski on Denali's for two seasons now. I found them very, very stiff and hard for walk (approach on Mt. Adams this spring was tough!) I am ready to replace them with something lighter and more comfortable for approach and climbing.

I was looking for new Dynafit TLT4's but I am happy to see Adrenalin. Do you have price tag now?

Cheers.

I'm ready to switch out of Denalis too, after 2 seasons on them. I need something that doesn't make me climb like a drunken walrus. I am eyeing the Dynafit products. I'm still interested in the scarpa F1 but have not tried them on yet. I'd really like to experiment with some kind of homemade "spoiler" for my scarpa invernos.

P.S. Apparently the Denalis are going back to red next year instead of baby blue. Sorry Tim!

Personally, I think the MegaRide is the best boot I've ever had. They are pretty reasonable on weight, and after forming the included thermal liner to the foot, the fit has been without trouble.

The Scarpas are kinda boxy on my foot, and the flex in the front of the Denali is not as "progressive" as I like, instead kinda biting in the shin, like an old pair of Langes. If you don't need the Dynafit capability, just get the G-Ride and save some dough for some new skins that are "wall to wall".

I forget what the suggested retail is supposed to be on the Adrenalin. Theoretically, it should cost them less than the MegaRide to make. Apparently licensing the ability to use the Dynafit binding componentry in the boot shell costs enough that the company should be charging around $100 more at retail. In reality, I think they eat a little of it to make a price point on the MegaRide. Even still, the MegaRide retails for something in the low $500 range (and apparently sold out quite well). I would guess the Adrenalin would be similar in price. To some extent, I think they are thinking they are going to capture some of the Alpine skier market, who are likely accustomed to paying that much and more for performance Alpine boots.

Hey guys I'm one of the local Garmonts reps here in the NW. I have multiple pairs of G-Rides for sale if anyone is interested. As for the Adrenalin Garmont is keeping the info a secret until Fall '04. What I can tell you is that the boot skis stiffer than the G-Ride. Also the boot has an interchangable out-sole from Vibram to Alpine DIN. The boots is going to come with a G-Fit liner that is beefier than the liners in the Mega or G-Rides. Cost is going to be upper $500's.

Cheers