What is the fastest way to get to Cloud Cap now?

Gaper_Jeffy

I am hoping to ski Snowdome on Friday with friends visiting from out of state. Cloud Cap road is currently closed. Up until a few moments ago I thought the fastest way to get to Cloud Cap would be to drive as far up the road as possible then hike the remainder of the road. However I just now called the Hood River USFS, they claim the fastest way to get to Cloud Cap is hiking the Tilly Jane Trail from Cooper Spur ski resort as the road is closed at "3 Mile Gate" which is 6-7 miles from Cloud Cap.

Can anyone confirm that hiking the Tilly Jane trail is currently the fatest way to get to Cloud Cap? If we bushwack'd from where Cloud Cap road is closed to Cloud Cap wouldn't that be faster?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate all the responses I got here. However, I now believe that when the Cload Cap road is open to "3 Mile Gate" (which is what the USFS calls the gate at Inspiration Point), it is fastest to hike the Wagon Trail instead of the Tilly Jane trail. Regardless we had a great time on Snowdome this past Friday. And to boot, the USFS says the road to Cloud Cap will be open either this weekend or the following!

I guess the real question is will a Heli still be faster once Meadows installs a high speed quad to the top of Snowdome?