essay on my climbing

Distel32

For a class this quarter I got to write an essay on climbing, and I mainly focused on bouldering. I'm obviously not going to put the whole thing on here, but I can handle the flaming on a couple lines. These paragraphs or sections are taken out of context, so try your best:

"Honestly, just thinking about climbing makes my hands sweaty. Grabbing crisp in-cut crimp after crimp while the sun starts to pull over the horizon and mimic the actions we are doing. Climbing is the driving force in my body. Some people find their calling in different aspects of life. That passion that they get up in the morning for, to go out and attain something and feel worthwhile. Climbing is that hot bed of coals within, keeping my body warm and helping me to strive for more. It gives me the same feelings that most children get when they find a lonely Fir looming over a mound of wrapped presents. Every day I get to go climb is like a little present to me, a moment in space and time where the pieces actually fit and things feel right. Whether I’m in the canopy style forests of British Columbia, or the dried up and desolate lake beds of Ibex, Utah, that elation permeates my body and mind as I struggle and learn with the rock."

"After spending a few months going on longer weekend drives, I got to experience what a real climbing road trip was. I’d never really ventured further than five or six hours away to climb, and it was time to go for something a bit more extreme. In the middle of March I drove off on a rainy Wednesday afternoon with a climbing partner, and didn’t stop until we rolled in to Bishop, California 970 miles later. We pulled onto the hideously jolting washboard roads of the Buttermilks and climbed for three tip shredding days. It was some of the best climbing I’d ever done on beautiful golden granite eggs. However we ended up getting rained out on Sunday and drove back that day instead of driving all night and getting in before class on Monday at 8:25am. "

only included that because that climbing partner was erik. I neglected to mention the copius amounts of weed consumed.

Thanks to cc.com for pushing me into climbing and for all the trips I've gone on with people. thumbs_up.gifwave.gif

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

cool, so when do you graduate high school? hahaha.gif just kidden man bigdrink.gif

sounds fun. i think trying to explain why I climb is one of the hardest things to put into words.

"beacause I was climbing with erik" is a good excuse to have in the bag just incase you need to get out of a sticky spot sometime... evils3d.gif