official bitch about the weekend weather thread

gapertimmy

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From what we saw here in Squamish, it wasn't the weather that sucked - just the forecast. Friday night it rained, Saturday was cloudy but stayed pretty dry all day with just a couple of very brief light showers. Saturday night it rained, but Sunday was beautiful - sunny and warm. The forecast just said it was going to rain each day - they didn't bother mentioning that each day the rain would happen after the sun went down. So once again, if people had ignored the forecast and come up to Squamish, they would have had a pretty good weekend, because during May and June the forecast for Squamish is almost always worse than the actual weather. For five weeks now they've forecasted rain for the weekends. They've got it right once in those five weeks. madgo_ron.gif

It was totaly clear and sunny at Shasta, and the moon lit up the South Side like a spot light...but the damn wind was fierce and pretty much ruined the experience. Never had wind alone be a total showstopper...leave it to Shasta I guess.

Been there, done that.

Got blown off Shasta three years ago. One of my partners was picked up and thrown over a few boulders at Lake Helen.

Not a cloud in the sky.

shred you little powslut! nice work mang!

Correction #1: Cascadecementslut

Correction #2: I guess the weather sucks for what I am really wanting to do. I probably should have went to Squamish or Leavenworth to get in some climbing, but what I am craving is alpine rock.