A tribute to a good man

Today I found out my friend Bob Enagonio has passed away in a skiing accident near Rogers Pass.

Bob was not the closest friend but we managed to have a fantastic time climbing together. Particularly on Mount Victoria 2 summers ago.

I just want to say that I am sad to hear about his accident and want him to be remembered. I hope his soul rests in peace. Apparently the last word I have is that his body still rests in a crevasse at this time and a memorial is being held on the 18th. See www.Live-the-vision.com for details if willing to attend.

Bob was a good skier and climber having made many ski tours and climbs of great peaks in Canada and the US to include some here in the Cascade Range. I believe he has done the Devil's Thumb and also Howse Peak in winter just for starters and was a lower key individual that obviously had a great passion for the hills. He has contributed numerous articles to the CAJ and was originally a US citizen from the east coast.

I have attached 2 of my favorite photos of Bob.

346849-bob2.JPG.456f8052b7821b8db13dbb38e4e4aaab.JPG

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

But for the internet and it's world-wide connections I would not have come across this thread and the sad news of Bob's death. Bob was my roommate in college for a while back in 1975. We shared many adventures together with the University of Maryland's Terrapin Trail Club. I hadn't seen nor heard from Bob since that time.

Bob was a great guy, high energy and he loved the outdoors. It breaks my heart to hear of his passing. I hope his loved ones and friends can take solice in knowing he died doing what he loved. God Bless you Bob!

If you're interested in a glimpse into that brief time I knew Bob, you can take a peek at my pages on the Terrapin Trail Club back in the 'good ol days'. Several of the articles in the old newsletters were written by (a much younger) Bob, and some other articles chronicle our backpacking adventures together. The Terrapin Trail Club Days....