Booty campers

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only been climbing at Index for about a year, but a lot of it has been aiding in the rain, in the winter, by myself. Gear count to date:

Petzl Ecrin Roc Helmet

Belay Jacket

Pair of climbing shoes

4 wired nuts

Lost arrow (chill, I found it on the ground)

wild country friend

brand new spectra cordellete

2 brand new petzl attache biners

4 ovals

1 misc. locker

Each time I found gear that was substantial I put a sign in the parking lot. No one has ever called. I gave the helmet, shoes, and belay jacket to indigent climbers in need. I actually ran into the guys who left the brand new expensive cordellete anchor about six weeks after I retreived it and gave it back. the last thing you want is bad gear karma. on a side note, is that blue alien still fixed at the crux on Princely's first pitch?

on a side note, is that blue alien still fixed at the crux on Princely's first pitch?

Still there. I thought it was a metolious though.

The cam that I am refering too was placed in the thin crack that begins yout zig back left after you have completed your zag right, above the fixed orange metolius that's been there for a while, and just past the satanic rope drag nut placements that some choose to place. It's the only cam that I've ever lost. It had been taken off my rack and was intended to ship to CCH for repair because the metal sleeve that activates the cam was nearly seperated. Somehow , instead of grabbing my girlfriends blue alien, mine got on the rack, lasted long enough to place, and then broke while attempting to clean. Lame!!!!!!!!!!!!! as soon as my tendonitis subsides i'm heading back with a toolbox (i.e crowbar).

Yes it is. I've watched gumbies climb and said to my partner, hey lets see if they bail. If they do....gear for me. I would tell them I had it and would give it back cuz I'm a nice guy.

This is somewhat = to leaving a crag cuz you know someone's gonna need a rescue.