Would ChucK support this possible....

Peter_Puget

The idea that Israel is a threat to the Arab Leauge is idiotic. Israel has never done anything besides defend it's borders and attack installations directly affecting it's national security. The only land they have ever occupied was won during wars started by the arab states. A good portion of that has also been given back in exchange for peace.

Let us remember that one of the main reasons Iraq never got nuclear weapons was that Israel destroyed their nuclear weapons program in the 1980s. I would absolutely support them doing this to Iran's facilities. When you have significant arab leaders spouting out this agressive talk about "leaving nothing on the ground" in Israel then I believe they have no choice, imminent threat or not. Knowledge gained with a nuclear weapons program is knowledge that remains in that state even if facility destruction sets them back.

The arab states of the middle east have already proven their resolve to attack israel without provocation several times before. In their current state they can't be trusted in any way, and allowing them to continue to develop nuclear weapons would be criminal negligence.

Josh! For once, you have taken a correct stand on an important geo-political issue. thumbs_up.gif

Israel has only TWO choices: 1)Preemption, in the form of an Iraq-1980 style strike. 2) Build a credible post-mortem deterrent like WE did during the cold war...in the form of Trident-Class submarines. Some here might remember it as the M.A.D. policy. Iran and its radical chief cleric would not likely consider a first-strike on Israel if they knew half a dozen submarines were patrolling the local seas waiting for the command (or lack thereof) to launch their 24 missiles...each with up to 12 MIRV's. That would be enough to put a serious dent in the Arab/Persian world even after a devestating first strike by Iran.

It kept us safe from a Soviet first-strike for 50 years....and keeps us safe still.

I don't know if Israel could afford this kind of deterrent. (economically)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Josh! For once, you have taken a correct stand on an important geo-political issue. thumbs_up.gif

And you as well! I knew it would happen someday! cantfocus.gifwink.gifwave.gifwazzup.gifthumbs_up.gif

I am definitely liberal, but I'm not enough of a peacenik retard to think that the gulf states will all of a sudden become reasonable and non-threatening if we simply play nice with them. fruit.gif

Also, to add an interesting note to this thread; a point that almost nobody knows, or at least it seems this way:

The Palestinians were never thrown out of their land. In fact, they weren't even pressured to leave. The majority of the palestinian settlements surrounding Israel came to life when they left in mass droves in protest of Israel being recognized as a state in 1948.

I have a six point plan for Israel to achieve peace in the middle east, we don't even need to be involved:

1. Let Israel warn the jihad jerkies that one more straw will break the camels back. If one more attack happens, civilians will have 48 hours to flee major cities, and then the bombs start dropping.

2. Wait 48 hours and then assasinate Yasser.

3. When the inevitable backlash from the assisination comes, nuke Tehran, Bagdad, Cairo, Riyad, Damascus, Beruit, Islamabad, and whatever the shithole capital of Yemen is called simultaneously. Send cruise missles into every known Hamas, Islamic Jihad, Hezbollah, etc home, office, and gathering place. Hell, lob one into Kim Jung Il's pad too while they're at it, save us the trouble.

4. Sit back and watch the civil wars and power struggles within those countries for a few years. Once new regimes are installed and organized, repeat step 1-3 substituting the newly applicable people/places/organizations.

5. I believe that should do it...don't even need six points. Should do a number on the worlds overpopulation problems too.

I find it curious that only the extremes... on both the right and the left, hold contempt for Israel in general, and Jews in particular.

barf! fairweather pushes the john birch society and then he wants to pass for a moderate hahaha.gif. f**k what has the world come to, if extremists try to pass as joe average.

the post where fairweather says jbs is cool!

jbs strongly backed mccarthyism, was against the civil rights movement, believes that roosevelt, eisenhower and truman were communists, etc ... in short, a bunch of far rightwing loonies, back then as well as now.

of course, now that he anointed himseld a moderate, he assimilates criticism of israel to antisemitism. weak!

Take a deep breath, j_b. I am not a John Birch Society kook. That post is what is commonly known as a j-o-k-e. A g-o-a-d directed at AlpineK. Obviously concepts foreign to you.

Other than their disdain for the UN, I cannot even tell you what they stand for.

Get a grip...and a life, tool.

I've noticed the same thing about the extremes and their distain for Israel. This may be an oversimplification, but the very extreme right is generally very racist (which would include anti-semetic) and the very far left is so fucking passive that they can't even understand that the state of israel needs to strike back at these fucks to protect their very existance.

This is why I can't side with realists or idealists. The idealists are too unrealistic, you are never going to perfect everybody. There will always be evil. The realists are a bit too pesimistic; in general society has been improving and not everybody needs to be reigned in with power. On the other hand, there are people and states that need to be severely bitchslapped occasionally for the benifit of us all.

So what? If you make threats like that to a fanatic country, you are just asking for it...

Which one is the fanatic country? confused.gif I'm confused. cry.gif They both deserve each other. Nuke each other and create a big ass parking lot for the camels. No more Zionist colonialism, no more Ayatolla Insaney...sounds like a good start.

Will, I really hope you're kidding with this. Grouping all of these people into a single group of fucking crazies is a bad way to go. Granted, they have a higher concentration of fucked up people than any other place in the world (well, aside from the hardcore christian right. hahaha.gif), but they aren't all like that.

I'm just going to assume you were joking and not a racist and anti-semite.

This is why I can't side with realists or idealists. The idealists are too unrealistic, you are never going to perfect everybody. There will always be evil. The realists are a bit too pesimistic; in general society has been improving and not everybody needs to be reigned in with power.

So I can't be realistic or idealistic for you to take me seriously? So what should I be? cry.gifcry.gif

there are people that need to be severely bitchslapped occasionally for the benifit of us all.

Step a bit closer, Josh...

wink.gif

I'm going to be a happy pessimist and say that at some point a natural disaster will wipe us out, and only the cockroaches (not including Rumsfeld) will be left. fruit.giffruit.giffruit.gif