Waffles for breakfast....

Martlet

I love following Hanoi John's campaign. I'm almost going to be sorry when he loses and falls out of the public eye. He and Fat Teddy should have their own tv show. I'd watch it faithfully.

First, he's going to get those damn "Benedict Arnold" CEOs:

In Des Moines: “And that closes every loophole for the Benedict Arnold companies that ship jobs overseas.” (Sen. John Kerry, Remarks At Iowa Jefferson Jackson Day Dinner, Des Moines, IA, 11/15/03)

In Vinton: “So when I’m president, I promise you this … [W]e’re going to put on the block to end every single benefit, reward or incentive that goes to any Benedict Arnold company or CEO who take American jobs and money overseas and stick the American people with the bill. We’re going to stop that.” (Sen. John Kerry, Remarks At Town Hall Meeting, Vinton, IA, 1/13/04)

In Davenport: “[A]s President, I will scrub the tax code … to remove every single loophole, every single incentive, every single provision that rewards Benedict Arnold CEOs and corporations for moving profits and American jobs overseas.” (Sen. John Kerry, Remarks In Davenport, IA, 1/14/04)

In Des Moines: “We are not going to give one benefit or one reward to any Benedict Arnold company or CEO who take the jobs and money overseas and stick you with the bill.” (Sen. John Kerry, Post-Primary Remarks, Des Moines, IA, 1/19/04)

But, anyone that tells the people they are going to stop outsourcing is a damned liar, right Hanoi John?

“Well, any candidate for president who stands up and tells people, as some are, that they’re going to just stop [outsourcing] by getting tough on trade or whatever, is lying to the American people. Outsourcing is particularly painful at this moment because we haven’t been creating jobs, and we haven’t been creating jobs to some measure because of the overhang of the 1990s, the excess capacity that we were left with and the need to sort of burn it up.” (Sen. John Kerry, Remarks At Council On Foreign Relations, New York, NY, www.cfr.org, 12/3/03)

And anyone that would lie to the American people wouldn't do it on purpose. It's all the fault of those damn overzealous speech writers, the bastards.

“But the Benedict Arnold line applied, you know, I called a couple of times to overzealous speechwriters and said ‘look that’s not what I’m saying.’ Benedict Arnold does not refer to somebody who in the normal course of business is going to go overseas and take jobs overseas. That happens. I support that. I understand that.” (Jerry Seib, John Harwood and Jacob Schlesinger, “Excerpts From An Interview With John Kerry,” The Wall Street Journal, 5/3/04)

Keeping track of Hanoi John's waffles is a full time job.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

you can stop posting your bullshit from other websites now. if people wanted to read that piece of shit blog they would go there and read it.

The same could be said for 99% of the shit posted here. If people wanted to read your crap, they could open the news paper.

Oh wait, they can't. Most of what the moonbats here post is false. Well, they could always read the NYT, I suppose.

At least the information I post is accurate, and you obviously do read that blog, moron.

The same could be said for 99% of the shit posted here. If people wanted to read your crap, they could open the news paper.

Oh wait, they can't. Most of what the moonbats here post is false. Well, they could always read the NYT, I suppose.

Sorry, this just doesn't make any sense.

That blog is in your profile. Is that actually you? I couldn't believe a real person could actually be so inane, so I was assuming I could find out who it was. Apparently I was wrong.

Sorry, this just doesn't make any sense.

That blog is in your profile. Is that actually you? I couldn't believe a real person could actually be so inane, so I was assuming I could find out who it was. Apparently I was wrong.

Speaking of "inane" people, could you translate your post for me? Was there a point there? You were assuming you could find out who WHO was? Apparently yes, yet again, you were wrong. You should be used to it by now, though.

Martlet: Are you the "Geoffry" from that website, or are you a plagarist passing off his writing as your own? It's a sincere question, because if you're not that dude from Boston you need to attribute his work when you post it verbatim. Of course, if you are "Geoffry" then you would appear to be old enough to drive.

Martlet: Are you the "Geoffry" from that website, or are you a plagarist passing off his writing as your own? It's a sincere question, because if you're not that dude from Boston you need to attribute his work when you post it verbatim. Of course, if you are "Geoffry" then you would appear to be old enough to drive.

I am Geoffrey, and I am old enough to drive.

Hey Martlet? Do you think that GW bush could pass even half of the security clearance checks that those underneath him must pass to get to their positions in government? Do you think that without the influence and power of his political establishment relatives (who derived some power from selling Nazi war bonds after Pearl Harbor)he would have gotten in to Yale (after being rejected from Texas) or become Gov. or Pres? How is his policy of giving $80,000 tax breaks for buying a huge gass-guzzlin SUVs decreasing terrorism by ending our dependence on foreign oil?

Hey Martlet? Do you think that GW bush could pass even half of the security clearance checks that those underneath him must pass to get to their positions in government?

Apparently he did when he got in the NG. Who cares now, though. I don't remember seeing that on the application for POTUS.

Do you think that without the influence and power of his political establishment relatives (who derived some power from selling Nazi war bonds after Pearl Harbor)he would have gotten in to Yale (after being rejected from Texas) or become Gov. or Pres?

I'm sorry, I missed the news release about his family pulling strings to get into Yale, become elected Gov., or Pres. Could you point me to the links?

How is his policy of giving $80,000 tax breaks for buying a huge gass-guzzlin SUVs decreasing terrorism by ending our dependence on foreign oil?

Again, I missed where he announce that he was going to decrease terrorism through ending dependence on foreign oil or through tax breaks. Could you give me some links to those as well?

Benedict Arnold

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Benedict Arnold

Benedict Arnold (January 14, 1741 - June 14, 1801), born in Norwich, Connecticut, was originally a rebel who became a general in the Continental Army. He was appointed a colonel in the Massachusetts militia in 1775. He and Ethan Allen captured Fort Ticonderoga, gaining needed supplies of cannon for the Americans in the Siege of Boston during the American Revolutionary War. Later in 1775 Arnold also led an expeditionary force from Boston to Quebec and participated in an unsuccessful attack in the Battle of Quebec (1775). Arnold was promoted to the rank of brigadier general and in 1776 oversaw the construction of America's first gunships on Lake Champlain, in the town of Whitehall, NY. This earned Whitehall the nickname "Birthplace of the U.S. Navy" and under Arnold's leadership the new flotilla defeated a vastly superior British enemy fleet near Valcour Island, NY on October 11, 1776.

In 1777, Arnold was passed over by Congress for a promotion to a major generalship. Without a command of his own, he still played a role in defeating the British at the Battle of Saratoga. He almost lost his leg in the battle. He was a very good strategist who was well liked by many of his men and a friend of George Washington; however his enemies caused him to be court-martialed several times, including June 1st 1779. Arnold was a principled man who felt that the Revolutionary War should be a fight purely between Britain and her colonies. When General Washington and the Continental Congress made an alliance with France against Britain, he disagreed strongly and began to pass information to British forces.

In 1780, he negotiated with British General Henry Clinton to hand over the American fort at West Point, New York to the British for 20,000 sterling (about $1,000,000 today). His plans were discovered when his courier, British Major John André, was captured with incriminating documents. Learning of André's capture, Arnold escaped and joined the British forces. He was appointed Brigadier General and led several subsequent attacks on American forces. On January 5, 1781 Richmond, Virginia was burned by British naval forces led by Arnold. Within the United States, the name of Benedict Arnold has entered the English language as a synonym for "betrayer" or "traitor". Outside the US, however, he is thought of in much more neutral terms. In nations such as Canada and the United Kingdom he is regarded as a traitor who became a patriot, while Americans consider him to have done the reverse. Arnold defended his treacherous actions in a letter to Washington, stating, "love to my country actuates my present conduct, however it may appear inconsistent to the world, who very seldom judge right of any man's actions." Arnold is buried in the crypt of St. Mary's Church Battersea, London, in the uniform of a Continental soldier.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benedict_Arnold

Martlet, I'm going to try and use logic here with you, so I know i'm tready on thin ice here.

Given:Drug Money from Islamic nations goes to terrorist causes.

Given: Oil money from Islamic nations go to support terrorist causes.

Given: The government has aired adds ( even in the super bowl) saying if you buy dope you support terrorism by creating demand for a product which finances terror.

Given: The government will give Sole proprietors and folks with small business Licenses $80,000 tax breaks for buying the "Large" (read: gas guzzling) SUV types, increasing dependence on a foreign commodity which finances terrorism

Ergo.... It is an ass-backwards policy.

Could you point me to a link on the tax code?

Here's the story on Bush's family selling Nazi war bonds while we were at war with Germany. It was published in the new hampshire gazette

I could care less what Bush's family did before he was born.

Edited by Martlet

Could you point me to a link on the tax code?

Here's the story on Bush's family selling Nazi war bonds while we were at war with Germany. It was published in the new hampshire gazette

I could care less what Bush's family did before he was born.

Why would you have that position? I think a rational human would realize that the Bush family legacy, in Government, business, investing, and Yale were all crucial to GHW Bush and GW Bush, so why wouldn't you be interested to see how this family empire was built? Also, you WERE interested a minute ago when you asked for a link, now that one exists "you don't care".

Here's a story on how family connections likely got GWB into Yale (he was turned down by the University of Texas.. daddy didn't go there)

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/01/20/timep.affirm.action.tm/ wave.gif