layton

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No Marylou, not speaking in third person. rolleyes.gif

Duh ... that would be scandalous, cowardly, persona-plageurism! Dr. Flash Amazing is the legal holder of the Third Person Patent, and any person caught using said device without the express written consent of the good Doctor would feel the pants-pissing fear brought on by a swift, lockjaw attack from the AmazingCo, Inc. Legal Affairs and Litigation Warfare Bureau (Not to be Fucked With!).

Bes' believe dat, mon. pitty.gif

Well, DUH!

It is totally okay for the good Doctor to do it. I think that has been established here.

I suspect the old Klenkster's trying to cover his bottom with this "chucK coined a term" deal because he knows damn well that only DFA is allowed to do that...and now that geeky punk-ass science boy chucK is probably going to back him up on it, like it's all true and stuff. rolleyes.gif

I'm sorry, what did you say sucked? Oh, your little shoes for walking on snow. Yes, they ARE annoying, aren't they? I hate it when they drag on the ground and then also when they weigh you down SO much moon.gif1736lingalder-med.jpg

5145_alder3.jpg

Imagine that, but more dense and with leaves, add a 30degree slope, and you have yourself the "Trail" to trapper lake near Cascade Pass.

Well, actually, chucK said "Klenke, in his element" for the caption of a photo (second photo in this trip report)

So, I digress, chucK did no necessarily coin the exact words "Klenke's element" but he was the one who set in motion the eventual evolution of "Klenke's element." "Klenke's element" was used by Toast, Mattp, and at least three others in the weeks following that trip report. Thereafter it just kind of stuck. So, in a way, no one person coined "Klenke's element." It was developed by a team of climbing terminology savvy individuals. cantfocus.gif

5153_trap.jpg Nothing sucks as bad as gettin the rig stuck REAL bad and having to spend three hours digging it out with icetool adzes and jacking up each tire to build a new road out of boulders and smashing your finger between two boulders cry.gif

Nothing sucks as bad as gettin the rig stuck REAL bad and having to spend three hours digging it out with icetool adzes and jacking up each tire to build a new road out of boulders and smashing your finger between two boulders cry.gif

You obviously were not going fast enough.