Pack-able Ramen

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TG, not really a noodle but I like Couscous for just your purpose. It is a pasta that cooks up quick just give it a shot of boiling water and let sit a minute. It is easy to pack and ya can't break it. Portions are easy to pre pack as well. I have had good look with all kinds of Pilaf type dishes

tasy bite offers a bunch of tasty products that are in an MRE style pouch and very packable. Fred Myers carries this brand in their health food section. The phad tai and the noodles with peanut sauce are both pretty good. They have curry too.

TG, I mentioned this last night, but try Somen noodles. You can get them at Uwajimaya and Anzen. They are very light and cook in about a minute. We usually eat them cold during the summer dipped in a soy-based sauce, but they are probably good hot with bouillon etc. Try them ahead of time, but that may be the ticket you're looking for, because they will pack small and are high in carbs.

• 2 weeks later...