NWOG now Cascade Guiding Service

willstrickland

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had no idea this thread existed until now.

Thanks for caring so much about my website guys, I really appreciate it.

I am not a guide, and have never tried to be profiled as one.

Our goal for our clients are different than your own personal goals. We are taking people into the wilderness to have fun.

If there is a visiting climber from out of the area that wants to follow a 5.11 or harder route at Index, then I will find someone to do that for them.

We have teamed up with another large and established guiding service that will take guide all of our more technical routes, and climbs that fall outside of our permit area.

My guides will be guiding non technical routes, hikes, and scrambles. We are not allowing any guide that is not AMGA certified to guide technical routes.

I would hope that anyone that has any questions would please contact me to clear any problems you have with me or my new company. I don't deserve to be ridiculed for trying to start a business that I enjoy.

this goes out to mr. doolittle and all the rest of you bashing scott and those of you who bash guides/guiding/seeking organized instruction:

the_finger.gifthe_finger.gifthe_finger.gif

we were all unskilled at some point. someone taught us how to do things or we explored on our own and learned. i don't care how the learning occurs for each person. some people feel more comfortable with a guide during their first outdoor experiences. some people just want a ride to the choice locations. whatever. there are certain organizations i will avoid, there are certain people from whom i've learned tremendously and there are particular commercial outfits with whom i plan to spend some time and $$$ learning more.

insulting people for learning in any reasonable way is just lame. thumbs_down.gif

Minx: You are wrong. I lived in the woods, climbing in secret, until I developed the skills that I needed. I didn't need any shorts-over-polypro-pack-too-big-too-much-stuff-gaiters-falling-down tribal chieftan to clue me in. And I'm not slamming anyone, all I'm saying that the last thing the world needs is another guide service, bringing more people into the mountains. They do not deserve to be there until they have earned the right. You can't buy the priviledge.

in my not so humble opinion you're both idiots. the mountains are not yours and yours alone. i'd rather see less people there but if they're going to go scott and whomever else might as well make some coin off of it.

i just don't see what your problem is. earn the right??? how else do they earn the right? they start out by going on easy trips and gain experience and skills.

mr. doolittle why don't you move back to the woods and go climb in secret from now on so i don't have to read your drech. cbs can visit you often.

Please help me understand how to "earn the right" to spend time in a particular place. Who do I check with to make sure that I am ready?

For some people out there, a guide service may answer that question for them.

Some people go on guided trips for the companionship of being with others who have the same things in common. A few just feel more secure knowing that the guide is there to show the way, fix what's wrong, or encourage when needed. Others just may want to try it out to see if they like it. Isn't that better than them going out and getting lost or killed because they do not have the experience or knowledge to know better?