E-bay listings in the Yard Sale

willstrickland

Been seeing quite a few lately. Seems like the majority opinion is that one shouldn't post e-bay listings. Might be time to address it.

I've bought/sold/traded around $3000 worth of stuff over this site in the last 3 years. Never had a bad experience.

My opinion is that if someone is going to post e-bay listings in the Yard Sale forum, the subject line should start with "E-bay" or something to indicate it as such. I don't think they should be eliminated, but personally the e-bay listings annoy the shit out of me. Opinions?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

I agree, no ebay listings in the yard sale - it's no better than spam. The best part of buying or selling stuff there is the small community of people, mostly local, keeps it honest.

You know the tenth anniversary of spam was a couple of days ago. Let's hope the spammers can't figure out how to make bots that can post to ubb boards and ruin this like they ruined usenet. ughh!!

Well, you made me curious, and this has been under discussion in Moderatorland, so I went to peruse the Yard Sale and see what's up.

On the first page, I noticed only two listings that were for e-bay sales, and they were both hugely flamed and I doubt they worked much as promotions for the sale. I agree it's irritating, the homegrown nature of the Yard Sale is a classic example of how this site offers much more than just a Spray venue, but do you all want more official policy?

It's just a question, I'm okay with either banning E-bay listings or insisting that E-bay be mentioned in the subject line, but then again it's not my forum to moderate. Do all you Yard Sale users want more moderators in that forum to clean things out and enforce rules?