PDX's own Mt. Si

Gripped

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you plan to climb at Carver be sure to stop by the Portland Rock Gym and sign a waiver. Getting caught climbing at Carver could jeopardize access for everyone. Its on private land and the landowner is graciously allowing climbing there.

Here is a good link for Carver.

If all you have is 3-4 hours to kill you probably wont have time for hikes in the Gorge. It would eat up about 2 hours just to drive there. Carver is not too far from city center. Forest Park has lots of up and down hiking but nothing with that kind of elevation gain.

Good luck.

Gripped,

The bouldering at Carver is pretty good, definately the best that I've found in the portland area. Although each time I go back there, some new boulders seemed to have been smashed by that road?, house? that there building. When I used to live in Battle Ground, WA, I made the drive out there for just a few hours of bouldering many times.

Well, the 4 hour window held out enticingly by the girlie never materialized (insert PW joke here). Thanks for all the info though. I will definitely check out Carver at some point.

Also, if you're in P-Town, I would recommend seeing "What the Bleep Do We Know" It's an indy film playing at the Bagdad (and also in Yelm Washington). It's very funny in a New-Age-Metaphysics sort of way.

Cheers