this is some serious overkill but interesting.

minx

I done saw sumpin' on da noos lately sayin that young'ns take to drinkin' sugar water (carbonated bevs) too much instead of milk at der dinner table and dis has cozzed a decline in boan dencity due to lacka calcium in da diet. Doctoors are seein' a marked increes in visits for brok'n boans 'n spranes 'n da like. Now I'm no exprt but I did stai at a Holiday Inn last night. It sownds plossible to me.
Klenke, if you want to pretend that lummox or has stolen your password, you have to first remove and discard the two Shift Keys from your keyboard. Your spelling is closer to wrlwind or Dave_Schuldt however.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lummox - Yes, apples are cheaper than burgers but an apple does not make a meal. Cost out a healthy balanced meal at the grocery store, you can't beat the dollar menu unless you're eating ramen - which is disqualified by the previous statement. Also I believe the argument was comparing eating out. To go to a restaurant and eat a healthy meal is more expensive than to go grab burgers and fried whatever off the dollar menu at any fast food chain. Especially for a family of four.

lummox - Yes, apples are cheaper than burgers but an apple does not make a meal. Cost out a healthy balanced meal at the grocery store, you can't beat the dollar menu unless you're eating ramen - which is disqualified by the previous statement. Also I believe the argument was comparing eating out. To go to a restaurant and eat a healthy meal is more expensive than to go grab burgers and fried whatever off the dollar menu at any fast food chain. Especially for a family of four.

werd. mostly. i think i can buy healthy and tasty food for cheap. but it will take time to cook it. with fast food you pay for convenience mostly.

i go to taco shops for my fast food and i think it is healthy. fresh cooked cow or pig and onion and cilantro on a tortilla with a pickled jalapeno and squeeze of lime for one dollar. i am drooling just thinking about it.

btw: mcdonalds restaurants lose money with the dollar menu shizzle. the franchise owners hate that.

The fast food industry has shaped (fattened) the country into what it is today. It has, with the help of government subsidies, changed rural farming communities into poverty stricken wastelands. Meatpacking giants have created one of the most dangerous industries to work in. As a consumer use your power to reverse this trend. Avoid eating fast food at all costs. thumbs_up.gif

Can you tell I just read Fast Food Nation?

From time to time I swing by Dick's HCL.gif after a night of drinking. For shame. frown.gif

should have caught the Frontline expose on the beef industry. dear me. I became a vegetarian shortly after a few parasitology courses, but that show should turn you into a veggie within about 5 minutes.

paristology will do that to you. there should be a warning before you register for that course. it's not for the faint of heart or stomach hellno3d.gifhellno3d.gifhellno3d.gif

supersize this: the_finger.gif

mickey-d founders wife died. in her will she has given away a lot of money. so f-in buy a cheezeburger and feel no guilt yall.

from the latimes:

"Now word that Mrs. Kroc has given $1.5 billion to the Salvation Army for 30 massive community centers across the country. That's one-and-a-half-billion dollars, as in billions of burgers sold. That's more money even than annoying lottery winners get in those poster-sized checks. Were we really paying that much more than those cheap McD burgers actually cost?

One-thousand-five-hundred-million dollars. Checkbooks can't hold that many zeroes. It's hard to picture 1.5 billion anythings, let alone imagine it as money. And then giving it away. Enough to buy a mountain range of Happy Meals, hold the cynicism. One-point-five billion is one dollar for every human in China plus about seven Canadas and one Chicago. Laid end to end, 1.5 billion dollar bills would wrap around the Earth five times, with 17,000 miles of money left over. Except some bills might be gone by the time you came back around the equator."

werd. mostly. i think i can buy healthy and tasty food for cheap. but it will take time to cook it. with fast food you pay for convenience mostly.

i go to taco shops for my fast food and i think it is healthy. fresh cooked cow or pig and onion and cilantro on a tortilla with a pickled jalapeno and squeeze of lime for one dollar. i am drooling just thinking about it.

btw: mcdonalds restaurants lose money with the dollar menu shizzle. the franchise owners hate that.

I read an interesting Newsweek article that mentions inner city food choices. Although there is a McD on every corner, there are few grocery stores and often they carry poor produce and little choice.

I read an interesting Newsweek article that mentions inner city food choices. Although there is a McD on every corner, there are few grocery stores and often they carry poor produce and little choice.

Katsup counts as a veggie grin.gif