Blake

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Klenke you are incredible.. seriously. So would lberty bell be too far to the left to show up in these pics? I actually didn't specifically know which one was which. I will buy you a Cinnamon Roll or other things at the Stehekin Bakery if you ever come in next summer. I think I am going to post a pic of some random hills in Tajikstan and finally stump you.

Liberty Bell/South Early Winter Spire would be to the left sort of behind Pika Peak (and Blue Lake Peak, which is next to Pika on that same ridge). That ridge would probably obscure a view of the Liberty Bell Group. But you could see it from Stiletto Peak, I'm sure.

HCL.gif Stehekin Bakery Cinnamon Roll!!!

Attached is a mountain scene that has stumped CC.comers before. See if you can figure it out. grin.gif

5a1a55a24c829_301834-mysterymountainphoto.jpg.84ae031bc71af2ca81525ebc96c7f731.jpg

well, you got the basic idea right, but it's from the ridge above Twisp Lake, near Hock Mtn. AS for your cartoon picture... well I can see how that has stumped people. I guess it makes it easy that most of my pics are from one area, because I only had a digital cam on one trip. I'll have a whole new supply of pics after next summer.

That pile of rock in the far distance is, of course, Silverstar and the Wine Spires. The picture is taken from near the former lookout site on Stiletto Peak. I'm pretty sure the lump on the right margin is Copper Peak, behind which would be the Early Winters group.

Yeah that's Copper in the right of the latest photo.

BTW Klenke, Pika is not on the same ridge as Blue Lake Peak. Blue Lake is to the SW of the Liberty Bell Group. Pika is on the E ridge that terminates into Copper Peak and forms the ridge on your right when you hike up to Kangaroo Pass. Good solo spring jaunt and some loose easy fifth on the NE ridge.

(Per)Plexus(ed): I suppose it could be a matter of opinion, but I beg to differ. Essentially, if you look at a topo, Pika and Blue Lake peaks are on the same ridge. Take a look at this topo. Pika is Pt. 7565 on the right. Blue Lake Peak is the point where the county boundary line makes a sharp turn to the right (north). The saddle just before BLP makes it look like BLP and Pika are not on the same ridge, but in my opinion they are. See #'s 13 & 16 on this image for clarification. This image shows that saddle more clearly. In this image, Pika Peak is at the near end of that craggy ridge demarcating the county boundary line.

Besides, in relation to what I was getting at in my previous post, I was simply talking about the long slope/ridge lining the north side of Copper Creek. In looking at the topo, there is a Pt. 7651 SW of BLP that is in a direct line from the west end (Pt. 7223) of Stiletto Peak's ridge and Liberty Bell that would fully obscure the latter from the former.

Note also that Stiletto (7660 ft) is not the highest point on its ridge. There is a "Switchblade" Peak (Pk 7805) about half-a-mile east that is the highest (see #11 in the previous image link).