i like washington

erik

but the constant barage of powder and sun really makes for some super fun touring...been getting like 3000' of vert a day in the b/c and some fine on piste days at alta....

tho i will say that right now i am dead tired...

whos got some beta for some more good tours in the wasatch...wolverine, cardiac, 10,420 linking the canyons and 3 others i dont remember the names of are already done..

please share!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to live in logan, and can say that the steepest mountian range on earth is the wellsville's just west of town. Good hiking off the pass, and then ride to the valley, and hitch hike back up. Lots of good stuff everywhere around logan, up near beaver mountain.

Never been into the unitah's in winter, but one can only imagine.

cheers bigdrink.gif

Hey Erik, you should check out USA bowl (don't even LOOK into the Monitor bowls on the other side, they look cool but they are certain death for gapers like you). Also check out Green's Basin, oh yeah and Beartrap fork, and let me see umm what else, how could I forget Wolverine bowl up above Brighton is like 30 turns on 25 degree terrain, it's smokin". hahaha.gif

Erik, get the Wasatch Touring maps for the central Wasatch. Don't bother with the overpriced guidebooks. I would have given you my old copies but I passed them on before I moved away from Utard. One covers Little and other covers Big and Mill Creek. They include topographic maps with routes, avalanche paths, and burial locations from accidents. The other side of each map has oblique aerial photos of the same terrain. They kick major ass. I studied them for years until I had every drainage memorized.