Resist the new Rome by Osama bin Laden

catbirdseat

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't dismiss random executions as 2-bit, they are disturbing and disgusting. I dismiss 2nd hand ancedotes that are over 20 years old as 2-bit.

well it happened more than 20 years agorolleyes.gif... so i dont know what you want me to do about it. are you denying this happened? 50 MILLION times over? If you would like her e-mail adress you are welcome to it, but you must speak russian or lithuanian. Her grandpa is gone. They do not know where he is. That is not two bit. If you really believe what you are saying you are a little more human than those that comitted these acts. I am trying not to hate you, but you give me little recourse.

well it happened more than 20 years agorolleyes.gif... so i dont know what you want me to do about it. are you denying this happened? They do not know where he is. That is not two bit. If you really believe what you are saying you are a little more human than those that comitted these acts. I am trying not to hate you, but you give me little recourse.

Scott-

Oral histories, particularly family related, are often incomplete, and slightly distorted. The stories usually distort over time. I'm not denying that her father disapeared - millions did. Stories such as hers are withing the realm of truth. Chill out man.

well it happened more than 20 years agorolleyes.gif... so i dont know what you want me to do about it. are you denying this happened? They do not know where he is. That is not two bit. If you really believe what you are saying you are a little more human than those that comitted these acts. I am trying not to hate you, but you give me little recourse.

Scott-

Oral histories, particularly family related, are often incomplete, and slightly distorted. The stories usually distort over time. I'm not denying that her father disapeared - millions did. Stories such as hers are withing the realm of truth. Chill out man.

dont tell me to chill out. i am not gonna let you back pedal and say that her story was two bit, and that literacy was justification for genocide.

Communism rolleyes.gif Glad to see that the discussion is back on track. I'm not particularly convinced by those arguments though, The "C" rock is easly explained by a hair in the reimaging process and a lack of stars seems easily attributed due to limitations in the exposure ranges of film, if you're photographing bright objects like silvery astronauts at close range you wouldn't pick up much dimmer objects in the background without blowing out the foreground.

Curious as to why we never ever went back. Did the aliens inhabiting secret bases on the dark side of the moon scare us off? Interested also in seeing if the Martians destroy our latest probe as well.

Here is a fairly extensive list of websites that discuss the potential hoax.

Here is a condensed version.

I'm not saying I believe it, nor that I disbelieve it.

"On the moon, there is only one light source, the sun. This is a shot of Buzz Aldrin and Neal Armstrong planting the US flag on the moon. If the sun is the only light source used by NASA on the moon, Aldrins shadow A shadows should not be so much longer than Armstrong's "

If Aldrin is standing on a hummock above Armstrong, and his shadow is cast upon a down slope, it will longer than Armstrong's, especially if the latter's shadow is cast upon an up slope.

"If you will look at area B you will notice a shadow cast across Buzz Aldrin's space suit. Once again, if the Sun is the only light source used on the moon, this shadow would have been MUCH darker."

It's called "flash photography". They had a remote flash positioned behind and to the right. So what?

"In this picture, taken from the LEM, you can see at least two abnormalities. In section E you see an abnormal shadow on the moon's surface. NASA claims that this shadow is the shadow cast by the Lunar Module, but on earth, even when aircraft is flying low to the ground, it does not produce such a clearly defined shadow."

The picture was not taken on Earth. It was taken on the Moon where there is no atmoshphere. Hello!

"OK, here's the kicker... if you will look at section 3 you will notice there are no stars in the sky. In fact, you will never see any stars in any NASA Moon photographs, or hear an astronaut mention anything about the glorious stars that are visible when out of the earths atmosphere".

Go take a flash picture outside at night and tell me if you see stars in the photograph. The light in the foreground is so much brighter, it swamps out the starts.

I won't go on. His arguments are all half-baked.

and that literacy was justification for genocide.

Good - because I never said that. In fact in my previous post, that you don't seem to be able to read, I said literacy was a slight positive, and genocide a massive negative (slight != massive) (slight <<<< massive)

Getting so enflamed over a 20 year old oral story with no documentation (and if the Soviets did anything well, it was beauracracy) is stupid.