New Year, New Resolutions

Dru

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RobBob - thumbs_up.gif I went through the same thing a couple years ago when my mom had a stroke and this year Dad had a little battle with cancer. I'm just glad that I figured out how important my parents are before it was too late. I squandered so much time I could have spent with them when I was in my 20s cause I was "too busy". For the first time this fall I actually had no desire to head to Yosemite and climb for a couple days during my 2 weeks at home. I figure the rocks are going to be around for a long time.

Howie and Trask - you guys are so jaded. Marriage as an institution is a great thing. The problem is dealing with the other person involved. tongue.gif

2003 was a big year for me too--I've got a daughter that I didn't have this time last year. smirk.gif And after all that sitting around bouncing her on my knee, I have the old standby resolution--get back in shape.

2003 included the one year anniversary of losing my dad. Learning how to say goodbye has meant realizing that if I'd spent all the time I could have with him, it'd hurt about the same. Hang out with your parents because it's good to be around them--the missed opportunities are a drop in the bucket. frown.gif

2003 was an amazing liberating year for me. I have learned so much and accomplished so many things that i didn't even think were remotely possible. This year I want to continue down my path of self actualization. I will quit smoking at long last. I too have found a new appritiation for my folks. When my chips were down this year my parents realy stepped up and helped me way more than I expected. I think they have found a new level of trust in me as well, as I stood up and faced the challenges in front of me. As a family we have grown. They have found a trust in me as I have proven that I am able to make a plan and follow threw with that plan, and struggle and fight and find success. I think this also helps me be more successful as a parent. As my children have seen me succeed I think they have more respect, and as I follow threw with what I say I am going to do, I think it helps them learn how to be in the world. As far as my out side objectives... I want to climb more ski more hike more and have MORE FUN. My major objective this year will be an over night backcountry trip. I still have so much I want to learn grin.gif HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

Damn, you sound happy. That's where I want to be next year. In a happy (and young) state of mind. Climb more, do more, make more, be more.

fruit.gif

Ditch the make more and you're 99% there.
ahhh but he didn't say make more what.... could be make more love wink.gif and even if it is make more money, there is not a single thing wrong with that. it is not important so much what you want BUT KNOWING WHAT YOU WANT and working for it grin.gif

oh and I am happy healthy saine (reletivly) life is good fruit.giffruit.gif