"Touching the Void" movie

dryad

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it has bolt guns and nitro packs then I'm there.

I thought I heard something about Joe Simpson getting lowered by another partner after another major injury a while after that book was written - but this time prior to the actual lowering the uninjured partner apparently looked Simpson in the eye and handed him his knife...

saw a long feature on this last night on hbo...the climbing scenes are fukn incredible...

i've read the book. what i don't get, after watching the hbo thing, is this supposed controversy. it's a truly inspiring story in its own right, but i feel that they're somehow trying to sup it up somehow. i mean, who really could question yates' actions? how the hell is cutting the rope to a terminally fucked person uncool? i guess i'd feel the "controversy" which is alluded to frequently is worthy of mention if i could find just one person (who doesn't have their head up their ass - eliminating most here) who feels simpson got a raw deal.