This is just terrible....

Fairweather

Man Commits Suicide to Escape Nagging Wife

DAR ES SALAAM, Tanzania (Reuters) - A Tanzanian man killed himself by drinking a chemical used in cattle dips, leaving a suicide note saying it was to escape a nagging wife, police said on Wednesday.

The body of the 32-year-old was found in the commercial capital Dar es Salaam on Sunday with the suicide note and a glass containing traces of the chemical, used for killing insects on livestock, regional police commissioner Alfred Tibaigana told Reuters.

"I've decided to end my life," Tibaigana quoted the suicide note as saying.

"I am fed up with the constant nagging of my first wife."

Police did not have any further details about the man's death in the east African country, where polygamy is common.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a sad sad situation. But evolution is about the stronger race and he wasn't fit to deal with 'life'.

It doesn't matter what kind of person you are as long as you reproduce and your offspring reach the age of reproduction to continue the propagation of your genetic material.

This fellow had multiple wives so his chances of passing off offspring are fairly high.

It's all about continuity, passing off your genetic material to produce viable offspring. Even if you were a lousy father and a multiple divorcee, you'd be making your evolutionary contribution by fostering as many kids as possible and letting the system take care of their needs.

I'm not talking about whether it's moral in the societal context, if you look at it purely from a reproductive stance, then it's amoral. You do whatever you have to do, for males it's typically the acquisition or access to resources, for females it's the ability to attract a mate.

Even if you were a lousy father and a multiple divorcee, you'd be making your evolutionary contribution by fostering as many kids as possible and letting the system take care of their needs.

This is sick and wrong. It is not my responsibility as a citizen and tax payer to pay for some horny dead beat dad. "The system" per say should not have to take the rap for a man that can't keep it in his pants.

If we are discussing an amoral aspect of evolution and reproductivity - then a man with the most sperm still shouldn't be given the opportunity to populate the planet with his poor specimen.

And if a woman ONLY has the drive to 'attract a mate' then she should be doing a deeper search to find a man of promise. moon.gif

smirk.gifsmirk.gifsmirk.gif

Right, like there aren't any horny women out there with ticking biological clocks? It takes two to tango. The system is set up so that all a woman actually has to do is attract a mate long enough to get impregnated. Look at all the single mothers who have children and a job but probably don't make enough so they have to rely on government assistance.

It's not necessarily the man with the most sperm as it is the man who can close the deal. This guy is probably more intelligent or persuasive than others, that's the qualifier and the evolutionary advantage. It is at its basest level, amoral. Look at all of the powerful people who resort to lies and cheating to get what they want and do these things to keep their standing. Powerful people stay that way because they're intelligent enough to work the system. That's not to say that all powerful people are immoral but that many of these people are not limited by a particular belief system to not use lawyers, tax advisors, and such for their advantage. So, why should poorer people think any differently with respect to working the system?

You have lofty views of human nature but all of us have a base level of commonality, we are human animals. I don't see why we should necessarily exhibit significant differences from our animal brethren. Biology books are full of nature's stories of deception and other subterfuge used by animals to survive and reproduce.

Yeah, this is 'red in tooth 'n claw' sociobiology. It might not be the entire picture but it has enough elements of truth to explain parts of our nature.

Right, like there aren't any horny women out there with ticking biological clocks? It takes two to tango. The system is set up so that all a woman actually has to do is attract a mate long enough to get impregnated.

It's not necessarily the man with the most sperm as it is the man who can close the deal. This guy is probably more intelligent or persuasive than others, that's the qualifier and the evolutionary advantage. It is at its basest level, amoral. Look at all of the powerful people who resort to lies and cheating to get what they want and do these things to keep their standing. Powerful people stay that way because they're intelligent enough to work the system. That's not to say that all powerful people are immoral but that many of these people are not limited by a particular belief system to not use lawyers, tax advisors, and such for their advantage. So, why should poorer people think any differently with respect to working the system?

You have lofty views of human nature but all of us have a base level of commonality, we are human animals. I don't see why we should necessarily exhibit significant differences from our animal brethren. Biology books are full of nature's stories of deception and other subterfuge used by animals to survive and reproduce.

Yeah, this is 'red in tooth 'n claw' sociobiology. It might not be the entire picture but it has enough elements of truth to explain parts of our nature.

Hey Scam, majority of your rebuttle I DON't disagree with. Just trying to bring a different point of view into the subject. It is not like a woman's only objective is to 'trap' a man, impregnate herself, and then eat her mate. We are not all Black widows. And just maybe some of us want to raise families or care of men that are worthy. evils3d.gif