• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Cletus

Pilot Butte is almost in!

One more big storm before the next warm spell and Timm@y and I will send the most extremo line in the Chosscades, no doubt about it. TR to follow, OF COURSE.

wink.gif

Pray for snow!

Very nice Cleatus..what to follow Lava Butte?

Last year I skied (if you could call it that)from the top of Spencers Butte (in Eugene) to the parking lot. Not recomended on 4". I should have taken photos!

steepconcrete said:

Last year I skied (if you could call it that)from the top of Spencers Butte (in Eugene) to the parking lot. Not recomended on 4". I should have taken photos!

I don't recall it ever snowing in eugene last year, but i've done the same thing on grass and dirt...

sick! I would do this expedition but it's always a hassle to arrange for the porters and climbing permits etc

iain said:

timmay that photo looks suspiciously like the woods off sparks lake run hmmmm

shizzle mah nizzle, dat be juniper we beez jibbin through!

steepconcrete said:

I don't recall it ever snowing in eugene last year, but i've done the same thing on grass and dirt...

It didnt snow in Eugene last year, but it did in the hills..I said 4" cause it was about 8" on top and 1/2" in the lower trees--in lot there was 4.

Where did you go down? We went down the south side grass bowl things over the little drops to the big mud bowl just above the trail.

Talk about a over ran little hunk of mud and rock. People go up there during rains when it is soft, with ski poles, and run directly down the fall line, jumping off ferns and shit like they were skiing moguls. Ripping the shit out of it.

I guessing the same area, down to where the power line are on the back side confused.gif... it was about five summers ago, I got some shitty ass rock skis... We've done the same thing on that big balled hill across the freeway from coburg, 'Goat Hill', in the summer too...