Voting

Dan_Harris

As soon as the Governator got into office he manage to get the drivers license for illegal aliens repealed. Now this study says that non-citizens should be allowed to vote. Granted the people suggested are here legally. But, if I go to another country and have legal resident status, could I vote if not a citizen of the country?

On a side note to the repeal, hispanics are going to protest the repeal by bycotting all business today. DON'T BUY ANYTHING TODAY!!! Also don't send your hispanic kids to school. My 7th period will be empty if they follow through. laugh.gif

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought there was a news article about a couple of days ago or so, that mentioned Tommy Thompson's view on legalizing the status of the immigrants currently residing here. Seems he was supportive of those now working and paying taxes here but wanted to get on a firm footing for imposing control on this situation.

I just wanted to throw this in. ...And, in other California news today: sdcar.jpg

Follow the story at this link:The Sheriff's Department's “decal controversy” is sticking around

After the first three periods, my absence numbers were pretty normal. The Administration said that several of the busses were only about 1/3 full though. I have several legal resident alien students and they all agreed that this boycott thing was stupid and as far as the license thing goes, they said, "work on getting to this country legally and they won't have problems". One student will be 18 in a couple of months and said one should be a citizen to vote, he plans on getting U.S. citizenship.

when i was in cali..i was talking to my parents about all the political fun they experience down there(they are obnoxiously right winged) and they were saying that most places were going to move to consider the cali state drivers license not a worthy piece of id if illegals were allowed to have them.

trask said:

what are these illegals doing here anyway?

This is my thought. If they already KNOW they're illegals, why isn't it they haven't deported them? I mean, isn't that kind of the whole purpose of the INS? To make sure people living in the country are citizens, and deport them if the're in the country illegally?

My federal tax dollars at work.